Tuesday 31 March 2020

Jesus In The Midst Of The Storm

In the early hours of Monday morning Dave fell on his way to the bathroom and sprained his wrist.  Thankfully his arm was not broken but with one upper limb out of action moving around using the walker was an impossible task.  Dave's mobility scooter is a compact piece of kit and since the layout of this house is more user friendly than the old place he was able to access the lounge, downstairs bathroom and kitchen from this machine.

Last night however proved to be far more tricky and my help was needed on four separate occasions throughout the night.  On most days I wake feeling as if I have been hit by a truck, well this morning I'm convined it was an express train that had mowed me down!!  I am 5ft 2 and Dave is 5ft 10, and so attempting to help him into bed was a tricky challenge for sure.  We have a cunning plan for this night and so I'm hoping that it will work.

Dave is used to waking several times in the night and so settled fairly quickly but I struggled to settle having been disturbed so many times.  It was then that my anxiety initially kicked in and I was worrying about Dave and my friend's parents who have both been hit by Covid-19.  In the past I might have rumenated for quite some time but very quickly I realised what was going on, reflected on Jesus calming the boat in the storm and offered the whole situation to God and peace ensued.

As a result of all the shenanigans I halted our original home school plans and the kids had fun finishing the painting snd building of the compost bin and set up the fire pit.  As I look back on the day "God has worked all things for the good of those that love him," Romans 8v28













 Root vegetable soup courtesy of Ben.


 Cooking bacon on the fire pit, Ben is one happy chap :-)





Working on a plan of action. 






Q.  Why is Pip hammering a cold chisel into the mulch? 
A.  To puncture the cardboard sheets beneath to improve drainage and give a better route for worms to get the feast!








Ta-dah, a lovely second compost bin, this one is situated in the backgarden not far from the kitchen door.  We are determined to 'turn' this heap to ensure a farly quick turn around in the compost.  We also had a phone call from the supplier of the raised beds which are due to be delivered on Friday, yay!  Plenty to keep the kids busy :-)

5 comments:

Kezzie said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Dave's accident. I hope he will be better soon and that you will be able to get the precious sleep you need.
The compost bin looks amazing! Hurrah for the raised beds!

doe said...

This is homeschooling also. Hurray for the day. Ben and Pip did a fantastic job. Cooking over the fire pit looks incredibly fun.

I wish you and Dave a good sleep tonight, and I will add Dave's wrist to my list of prayers for healing :) You did well letting go of your anxieties last night. It was good to remember that story. I've, also, had several difficult and anxious nights these past weeks.

Ben's cooking looks amazing as always :) xoxoxo

elli said...

Praying for you and yours, San. So sorry Dave has had a fall and injury :-( my kids worry about the same with me ... the night waking, too, so challenging for the helper /carer. I am awake every hour at night with my body's pesky needs and I have grown accustomed ... so far, I do not need aid in the night and for this I am immeasurably grateful.

Yes indeed: Trust in Jesus, rest in His loving care.

xoxo

sustainablemum said...

I am so sorry to hear that Dave has had an accident San, on top of everything else that must have added to your worries. I am glad to hear that you found a way to find peace amongst all your worries.

Your compost bin looks great!

Sandra Ann said...

Dave is much improved and ‘normal’ operating service has resumed 🙂