Wednesday 18 March 2020

Be Thou

Be thou my footsteps as I tread through this day,
Overcome and weary and full of dismay
at a world facing lock down and ignoring your plea,
" To be still and loving and Trust in me."

Be thou my headspace as I gird for this fight,
Guard my well being and send me Your light,
Teach me to look for the joy in each day,
To reach out to others and not turn them away.

Be thou my hands as I care for my home,
May I see You in those I love most,
Give me Your patience as I listen once more,
to the cries of frustration in a world so unsure.

Be thou my everything, my all in all,
May my faith strengthen, not crumble or fall,
Give me Your strength to rise up each day,
and allow You to lead me along The Way.

To the tune of St Patrick's Breastplate

We didn't quite manage our usual St Patrick Day with crafts and a story but Ben made a fab Irish Stew and I made Guiness Chocolate Brownies courtesy of Jack Monroe.

 Stirring the butter and chocolate, the Guiness is reducing underneath!


 Irish Stew with Herby Dumplings.


 Cheers!  Ben with alcohol free beer and Dave with the left over guiness :-)





 Reall yummy brownies.

College has already switched to work online and for practical work I needed to show evidence that Ben was caring for Poppy and offering enrichment, hence the photos below:


 "Right, so which one of you is going to feed me then?!"


Log off, shutdown, go outside as long as you are observing the 2 metre rule ;-) 


Good old washable loo roll, ideal for when you pee thus saving on the toilet paper.  I cloth bummed Pip which also included home made baby wipes, so it was a no brainer to make the cloth alternative.  The family embraced the whole idea and it is amazing just how much paper we have saved, which is great considering there is very little in circulation right now!

Today both Dave and Ben were very trusting and let me loose on their hair!!  Ben's was easier to tidy as he had not long been to the hairdresser, Dave was due a cut yesterday and so had gone a full six weeks, his was a bit more tricky.  I am going to have to watch a few youtube videos on cutting gents hair and we are going to have to invest in a pair of clippers :-)






 Ben made potato rosti and fried egg for tea followed by...




... banana, raspberry and coconut ice cream.
Speaking of raspberries we have bought a whole heap of seeds, some raspberry canes, a walk in poly tunnel and raised beds for the back patio and garden.  Plenty of hands on activities to sooth any frazzled nerves during this crazy time and a bonus of being able to hopefully eat the produce at the end.



Ah the wonders of the internet and the joy of being able to partake in the mass online. This is St Mary's Church in our home town and mass will be televised live each day around lunch time with Sunday mass at 11:00 am.  The website is here

I hope that wherever you are and whatever you have been doing you have managed to find some joy in your day, God Bless xx 

8 comments:

Kezzie said...

I look forward to hearing more about the fruit growing! I was going to get a raised bed for the end of the garden- contemplating whether I'll be able to do that now! Ahrgh! Might just dig up some grass!! The food looks yummy!!! Hope you are well.xx

Eva said...

You are quite inventive! I love your toilet paper. All stores around us are still out of toilet paper. Peter did find some when he drove back with Charlotte today. Your food looks great! Jonathan also needs a haircut. Should I send him your way? Our church will also have online Masses, so we will still see Fathers Dennis and Vincent.

Sandra Ann said...

''Necessity is the mother of invention' so they say 🙂 Good luck with cutting Jonathan's hair! So grateful for the online masses x

Sandra Ann said...

We left loads of fruit bushes behind when we moved and what with all the chaos of the last week it seemed the right time to plan and grow an edible garden. You'll have plenty of time to garden as from Friday! Hope you and CBC are ok and your extended family too ❤️❤️

doe said...

You and Ben are such fantastic cooks :) Everything looks delicious. It's nice seeing all of you around the table, and Poppy too. Thank you for the poem and the links. It's great your church will go live each day.

Eva said...

He wants to cut his own hair! I wonder how that will turn out . . . We do have hair clippers, but only Peter uses them. He cuts his own hair.

Sandra Ann said...

Maybe Jonathan will decide on a buzz cut 😂

Eva said...

That is what he used to get for a long time and then he became more "vain."