Sunday 22 March 2020

Week-ending

This lovely lad has kept the kitchen running this week whilst Dave chased an online delivery slot and I attempted to keep the home fires burning.  On Friday evening we had a dance party in the kitchen followed by 'The Proms' re-run celebrating the music of John Williams from Jaws to Star Wars and everything in between :-)





We have managed two trips to the village playing fields and on both occasions the park has been empty, phew!


 A precious card from a friend who left some school supplies for Pip as well as some hama beads to play with.


 So grateful for the local farm shop making home deliveries:  a large veg box, a big sack of potatoes and two big bags of mulch for the back garden.


 Mother's Day tulips and an easter bunny plus other goodies from St Thomas' church.


Pip's granny stripe blanket is finally finished, I just have a few ends to weave in.



A well deserved sit down in the sunshine after working on the front garden with Ben.  I tackled the weeds and he neatened the edges of the small lawn.  It was also nice to chat (at some distance!) with a lady walking her dog.  We commented on the stupidity of some folk, apparantly the beaches and the lake district have been heaving with tourists :-(  It will only be a matter of time before the army are deployed and folk are forced to stay within the boundaries of their own home.

It it wasn't so crazy it looks to be quite idyllic and dare I say 'normal.' Thankfully I have finally ceased waking and thinking that it was all some terrible nightmare but most days I still feel like I am wading through  treacle.  It's the Christmas disorientation without the fun of seeing family or watching an inordinate amount of Television!  My to-do list seems to be ever growing and as fast as I tick off one job another appears.  I'll admit tempers have been frayed, tears of frustration have been shed (not mine, I hasten to add) and I have awful contact dermititis on my hands/wrists and an allergy to my current shampoo!  Given time things will pass and whilst I'm waiting I hold on to St Julian of Norwich's words:
" All will be well, all will be well, all manner of things shall be well."

Stay safe, stay well, hang in there :-)

3 comments:

doe said...

I watched a town hall meeting on facebook this evening that my state senator put together with two virologists and an immunologist. It was very informative and helpful. I'm feeling better tonight now too. I think I'm finally getting used to it. Plus, my friends' positive attitudes, such as your's (xoxo) and my friend Victoria's in Paris, help a lot :) Thanks for being honest about the difficulties (tears and frustration). I think my young person is not having an easy time and is still going for runs along the river and bike rides. It may have to stop soon as there are too many people out. With everyone home from work, the river park gets very busy. We have just too many people. I'm so glad you have such good helpers. Your produce box looks fabulous. My friend Janet has been making masks, washable masks! I think she's making me a few and I'll felt a wool washable insert. She's also making hospital grade ones, going by hospital guidelines she finds on the internet.

A dance party sounds so fun and healthy! Sending you love and keeping you in our prayers xoxoxoxo

sustainablemum said...

It is a worrying and upsetting time isn't it. We are a social species. I agree about finding ways to make a new normal. Thank goodness the sun is shining and we live somewhere we can go outside and still be in the boundaries of our own properties. Stay safe xxx

elli said...

In time, we who do not live within the close geographic bounds of an epicenter (i.e. New York, Italy etc) will settle in and it will become normal and ordinary, and then — once this is passed — going back to the old ways will feel Very Strange!!

Love and prayers — the blanket is beautiful, and nice to see the sunshine. We have had mostly gray here, and a bit of snow this morning.