Monday 23 March 2020

Not Quite The Crack Of Dawn

Despite distinctly feeling like I had been hit by a truck in the middle of the night, I managed to sort of leap out of bed and by 8:30 am we were at the play park.  Once again not a soul in sight so Pip charged around the football area whilst Dave and I had our breakfast and a cup of tea :-)






Even though the sun was shining it was bitterly cold so an hour was more than enough!  We also needed to be home in time for an online science class scheduled for 10:00 am.  During the science session, Ben and I prepped the lunch, homity pies and joy of joy we found a jar of mincemeat, so mince pies for dessert :-)











After lunch Dave and I had a much needed quiet time and the kids worked on a joint project, making God's Eye weavings and an Aboriginal map.  Pip is currently working on the 'Around the Globe' pawprint badge, hence the craft activities.  Ben also had enormous fun trying out the portable camping stove and made tea for him and Pip, good old beans on toast.






We are living in unprecedented times and this evening the Prime Minister gave an announcement:

Only going out to exercise once a day for either a walk, run or cycle ride.
Only shop when you have to and only for essentials such as food or pharmacy items.
Stay Home ,only travelling to work if it is absolutely necessary
All weddings, baptisms and church services to be cancelled.
Police have been given the powers to disperse gatherings of people, to shut businesses that are not on the exemption list.

Human beings are an inventive lot and there are moments of joy to be found, Joe Wicks is offering a PE session at 9:00 am Monday - Friday.  A children's entertainer organised an  online birthday party and local radio are running an initiative called "Make A Difference."




I am grateful for my faith at this time and for God's words written in the bible:

"So do not fear for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41 v 10

2 comments:

doe said...

Dear San, I remember the days of getting out early in the morning for bike rides or ice skating! I'm glad you had your morning at the play park. It sounds very healthy and invigorating. I think you also had a busy day, and the meals, once again, sound delicious. Greg mentioned this evening that your PM had announced restrictions. Stay well and I will keep all of you and Eva et al in my prayers tonight. xoxo

Sandra Ann said...

It was definitely a less productive day today :-) xx