Tuesday 24 March 2020

Stressed Moi??

In short yes!  We kind of made it through our plan of work but there was a lot of bickering, moaning and me hiding in my bedroom for an hour after lunch, with the caveat ' only disturb me if it is a real emergency :-)  I am so glad it is the end of the day and the house is almost quiet, save from Ben raiding the kitchen due to a hypo!  Julian of Norwich definitely knew a thing or to with her arrow prayer, 'all will be well' I think it will fast become an ear worm in my head.  Here are some happy moments from our day:



 We always remember to say 'Grace' but today I was really grateful for the food in our cupboards, freezer and fridge.  Dave spent best part of the morning trying to link in with the vulnerable shoppers list courtesy of Sainsburys but to no avail.  We have an ASDA delivery on Monday but after that there are no delivery slots available in any of the supermarkets.  Thankfully our local farm shop uploaded a produce list on their facebook page and we were able to email a list of requirements including much needed compost and seeds!


 To add to Pip's aboriginal map she made her own hama bead  aboriginal man.


If you follow The Organised Mum Method then today is bedrooms and clean sheet Tuesday.  Whilst I was remaking Pip's bed I noticed this box on her book case and then the penny dropped, SEEDS!!!!!  This was a Christmas gift from Mum and Dad Wesley and I was truly happy to find them.  Growing a garden not only provides food and colourful cheer but is always a sign of hope and right now that is much appreciated xx 

3 comments:

doe said...

Oh, that is so funny about looking at the bookshelf and finally noticing the seeds! I've had so many moments like that in the girls' room, because things will be tucked somewhere without thought by someone, and then I come upon them and remember, "Yes! That's what we're supposed to be doing (or using or reading or etc.!)

I like to think of you hiding in your room for an hour :) It's good to hear about the difficult times as well as the good. It's also smart to step back when needed also.

I went out yesterday and picked up a few extra things (including a whole chicken from our local butcher) and I think we could get through two weeks without shopping, except for the TP situation. I realized when talking on the phone this evening with my sister that I could knit a few pads similar to the ones you sewed (I have lots of cotton yarn!). However, we've decided not to use our laundry room anymore. However, :) it may be that we don't WANT to go to a grocery store next week for more TP, so better to have them and wash them in the sink. It's just us, and it's just pee.

I'm glad you were able to get in touch with your lcoal farm shop. Not to have any delivery slots is a bit upsetting.

Tell Pip good work on her bead man :)

I hope you are sleeping better tonight than last night xoxoxo

sustainablemum said...

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed at the moment San. There is so much to take in and adjust to isn't there. I am trusting that all will be well, but it isn't always easy.

Kezzie said...

The timing of finding those seeds was surely God timing! That is amazing! I'm sorry you were feeling so stressed. Understandably of course! God bless you all. xx