Thursday 19 October 2023

Tiny Tasks On A Thursday

 I had a reflexology appointment this morning which necessitated a drive back to our old stomping ground in Lancaster.  Whilst I had my appointment Dave and Pip had a coffee and cake at The Courtyard Cafe in the grounds of St John's Hospice.  Before the pandemic a group of us used to meet in the hospice chapel for prayers every Monday - that used to be a five minute drive from our old home.

Once I'd collected them after my appointment we nipped to the local post office/convenience store to post a parcel for a friend and this necessitated driving past our old home.  It was a bit of a shock to be honest as the exterior was looking quite shabby and I did wonder whether the house had been sold on again or was now being rented out.  When we arrived at the Post Office an even bigger shock awaited as the old owners had also moved on and that too was looking very run down and disorganised, in fact the whole area had taken a turn for the worse ๐Ÿ˜•. It confirmed to us that moving on was the best thing for us as a family and don't get me wrong there are issues where we live, notably drug problems in the village but thankfully not in our immediate vicinity.

After lunch I had my usual afternoon rest and prayer time followed by some sitting down sorting in the kitchen.  The new kitchen appliance comes with various accoutrements and I needed to find homes for them all ๐Ÿ˜‚. Thankfully with a bit of judicious pruning of unwanted items I succeeded and even the cutlery drawer had a good clean.

Thanks to meal planning tea was a very simple affair, baked salmon, baked potatoes and petite pois.  No more kitchen duty for me today, it's time for knitting and reading ๐Ÿ˜




6 comments:

Eva said...

Oh, how sad that the old area is not so nice looking anymore. I guess it is good you moved. I think drug problems are all over the place these days. I don't think they have reached our village, but I know they have reached some villages around us. Your food looks good! We will eat sweet potatoes, fish, and green beans tomorrow.

Sandra Ann said...

We have some lovely memories to cherish and that is what counts I guess. I think it will be soup for lunch on this very blustery Friday and possibly quiche and salad for tea. Ben has a friend visiting who lives in the North East, not far from places we’ve visited and he set off at 4am and arrived here at 7am! They’ve gone out to Booths for a big breakfast ๐Ÿ™‚

Kezzie said...

I'm sad the area isn't what it was! My childhood town is a bit of a dump now too- so many chicken shops.
That dinner looks yummy!xx

elli said...

San, I am enjoying catching up on your posts. Am moving quite slowly these days, general same old health woes and then I had a concussion too. Am at last reading and writing a bit again! .... Lovely to read along as you are able to do a bit more and can write regularly.๐Ÿค—Sending love and prayers๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ’–

Eva said...

Wow, that is an early start for a visit! Isn't Booths a drugstore????

doe said...

Knitting and reading . . the best.

This is a favorite meal of mine: salmon, peas and a baked potato (or sweet potato) . . all very simple and quick! Sorry to hear about your old neighborhood. I hope the residents can help it perk up a bit.

My nephew is always traveling at odd hours like your Ben.