Wednesday 18 October 2023

A New Kitchen Helper

 Our Vitamix blender finally went kaput over the weekend, but I cannot grumble as we bought it when Pip was just two and she'll be fifteen in December!  Over the years kitchen aid technology has advanced quite a bit and this time we opted for a multifunctional system.  I spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking meals from scratch but especially now with the Long Covid and PoTS issues, things can be quite tricky despite using a perching stool and trying to factor in rest breaks.



This Bosch MUM creation mixes, whisks, grates and even blends - the liquidiser attachment connects on to the top of the machine.  As a result of this machine, carrots were grated to add to our lunch time salad and I managed to batch cook some raspberry, oat and polenta muffins, savoury chilli and onion muffins and a regular cornbread.  Whilst we were out (Dave had a neuro physio appointment 30 minutes away) the beef and vegetable chilli was cooking in the instant pot, and it was just a case of cooking the rice once we returned home 😊


Raspberry muffins at the back and savoury at the front.



Cornbread.




Raspberry muffins.



Dinner is served 😋

4 comments:

Eva said...

This Bosch one is the best! I grew up with this and my mom used it all the time. They last forever and are very powerful! Your meal planning is flawless and sounds and looks yummy too. Was Dave's appointment successful? I have to go to bed. I just finished grading some homework for my German students. Our midterm grades are due by 11 p.m. today (It is 1 a.m. now.) I still have to grade some exams (I gave an exam today). It will be a busy Thursday with homeschooling and grading.

Sandra Ann said...

Hi Eva, thanks for the info regarding our new Bosch machine, that is very encouraging and good to know 😊. A 1am bedtime does not sound good at all 😕. Given the fact that today (Thursday) is going to be full on, I hope that Friday is a little more restful for you xx

doe said...

Impressive machine! I miss having a crock pot and pressure cooker. I almost bought an instant pot but I don't cook like I used to, so I never did get one . . . I'm not as inspired with just the two of us, except for when I see your meals!

Eva said...

Friday was a bit better. Do you have a meat grinder with your Bosch?