Wednesday 11 October 2023

Thirty Five Years and A Book Surprise

 Dave and I celebrated 35 years of married life today but dang it neither of us could remember the exact time we said, 'I will' 😂. I've got a feeling it was late morning or over the lunch time period 😁. To celebrate we visited our favourite place which is a five minute drive down the road.  I had my usual 'safe foods' which was chicken goujons and fries and Dave had chicken caesar salad.  We both shared a plate of nachos and some gluten free onion rings.  He also enjoyed a mahoosive dessert of which I had some of the cream but my treat was an almond milk latte and very nice it was too.











Feet up cos yeah Pots doesn't stop ðŸĪŠ



An anniversary silly selfie.



Pip had fun choosing the card and the lovely cyclamen plant in her lunch break at college.  That lovely lass has really blossomed since starting Myerscough.  She's had to deal with all sorts of issues but in turn has developed a shed load of resilience and resourcefulness.  We are really proud of her ❤️



The wonders of book loving blogging friends 😊. My lovely blogging friend Kezzie sent these brilliant reads and they arrived first thing this morning.  I love the Kate Shackleton mysteries but they are often hard to find at our local library.  Once Kezzie knew that I was a fellow fan, she offered me her collection ❤️. I think it's safe to say that these will be my next round of Long Covid recovery reading over the next few months - once I've finished my current war time trilogy 😂

3 comments:

Eva said...

This is wonderful! Happy Anniversary, San and Dave! So great you did have a date and time for yourself. And Pip's card is pretty. All the best to the two of you! Where did you actually meet? I think I never asked you.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes ðŸĐ·. We grew up together - went to the same primary school and then the local sixth form. Dave was in my tutor group at college but we met officially through a mutual friend x

Eva said...

Ah, really? My brother met his wife in secondary school, but they did not grow up together. His son is also dating somebody he grew up with. One of my Latin students in Germany was dating a girl he had played with as a toddler. Kind of funny how this sometimes happens.