Sunday 29 October 2023

Coughing and Spluttering πŸ™„

 Now it's mine and Dave's turn to be ill.  We tried holding things at bay with the Lemsip First Defence nasal spray but when a virus strikes it just needs to do its thing.  Covid tests have been done and it is just a heavy cold which has exacerbated the PoTS symptoms but all things considered we are managing quite well.  Sad to say though that we have missed church for the second week in a row but it just didn't seem right turning up to church spreading our germs, so we watched online this morning at 9:30 am and joined in with the live recording.  This weekend has included cosy fires, warming foods and lots of knitting 😊


I finished my knitted vest and I'm very pleased with the outcome.  I have just cast on for a pair of knitted slippers ❤️



We also had a diabetes incidence yesterday, we've not had one of those in a very very long time.  To provide cheer and a low carb option, I made crispy baked breakfast pizza for lunch yesterday and  it was thoroughly delicious.  

We also had to venture forth yesterday evening as we needed to pick up some medical supplies from our local pharmacy and to collect a few bits and bobs from Booths.  As a result of the late evening shopping we had spicy thai green soup on hand for today's lunch, followed by our usual pancake treat.  Tonight's tea was that ultimate comfort food meal, the butter chicken with rice only this time I served it with broccoli instead of peas.

Here's hoping this virus will soon shift x 

6 comments:

doe said...

Yes, I hope you feel better soon San. Lots of resting and knitting is called for. (Your vest is really lovely!) Isn't it nice that you can still participate with church online? All the churches here still do so, also. I'm glad you don't have Covid, but I hope this virus leaves you soon. xoxoxo

Eva said...

Ah, too bad, that you also got it! I hope it will disappear quickly. We had some people in church with Covid, but I don't think it is spreading. The vest is lovely. How long did it take to finish? Your cooking sounds yummy. I hope that the diabetes issues will not return.

Angela said...

I love the vest. Especially the neckline. I find picking up stitches round necks is the hardest thing when I'm knitting. A lovely piece of work, which will be a useful layer in colder weather. Get well soon. We are fortunate at chapel in having a "hybrid" service, and people who are unwell can join us on zoom or by phone.

Sandra Ann said...

Eva, it's funny but I cannot put a time span on the length of time it took to make the vest. I guess I just get into the zone and then time flies.

Angela, yes I too dislike picking up the stitches around the neckline and so I'm really pleased with how the vest turned out and thank you for your get well wishes xx

Lynda said...

Love the knitted vest!!
And glad you are feeling better. xx

elli said...

Blessed AllHallowTide (a day late) SanπŸ•ŠI do hope the nasty virus passes swiftly, πŸ€— how lovely to be able to knit.