Monday 23 October 2023

Kitchen Monday

 Pip had her blood test this morning and it was also our home delivery food shop day, so once we were home from the GP surgery I made a start on 'everything but the fridge' soup 😊. We've been pretty good at not having any food waste so the soup consisted of cauliflower, carrot, celery, onion and potatoes with vegetable stock.  I also used the pizza base recipe to make a garlicky flat bread which I then topped with feta cheese and melted under the grill.





I also made another batch of muffins only this time it was an apple, blueberry and almond mix:



After lunch I went for my usual lie down and Rosary prayers but just towards the end I nodded off.  I must admit I didn't feel too great when I awoke and I reckon it was either a delayed reaction to my Covid vaccine or my body is trying to fight a low grade version of Pip's virus.  I had a real craving for some comfort food and had seen this particular dish on 'Smitten Kitchen's' Instagram earlier in the day.  The recipe wasn't quite a one pan meal as I don't own a cast iron pan that works both on the hob and in the oven, but a lidded frying pan and roasting dish for the oven worked just as well.  The dish was a hit with everyone and I will definitely be making this again 😊





Butter Chicken and the recipe can be found HERE



Happy Monday xx 

7 comments:

doe said...

Happy Monday! Yes, the buttered chicken looks so good! I will have to try it! I hope you're feeling better now and it was just a reaction to the vaccine. xoxoxo (I am always in awe of your culinary adventures!)

Angela said...

My daughter has two SK cookbooks. Excellent family recipes. We treated ourselves to a large lidded non stick saute pan/casserole (from Jamie Oliver range, and in a sale) it really has proved worth it, and in regular use

Sandra Ann said...

Definitely worth a try Dorina. The Smitten Kitchen IG is full of gorgeous photos and lots of inspiration for jaded cooks and she’s partnered with Williams Sonoma (a home wares shop I think) for a series of thanksgiving recipes.

Hi Angela, I’m going to see if I can borrow some of her books from our library. Jamie Oliver has certainly done well for himself branching out into kitchen ware. I must admit I’m often sceptical about buying from celebrity ranges so it’s useful to know that you’ve been pleased with your purchase, as cookware can be notoriously expensive xx

Eva said...

How is Pip doing? You have been busy in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the chicken. I never throw out food, unless it has turned bad. I either put it into a soup or a casserole. This is what my mother and grandmother used to do :).

Sandra Ann said...

Hi Eva, Pip is much improved and I'm so thankful it wasn't Covid. I cannot abide food waste and will do all I can to use up every scrap x

Kezzie said...

Ooooh, that chicken looks DELECTABLE!!

Eva said...

Oh, good! I think Europeans are less wasteful with food than Americans. WWI and WWII might have something to do with that.