Tuesday 10 October 2023

Ten Month Post Covid Update

 I've noticed some glimmers this past month:

I'm now able to clean my teeth whilst standing.

The whiteboard is back in use. At the start of each week I brainstorm little tasks that I would like to accomplish over the course of the week, and in the main most of them get done.

Knitting and reading are still part of my covid recovery and self care.

To help improve my cognitive function I pick out one recipe book to work from and plan the week's menus from that source.

I'm working with an OT therapy practitioner from the Long Covid Clinic and together we have worked out tasks that are spread throughout the week.  I've also been really focused on implementing targeted rest times throughout the day: 10:30-11:00, 2:30-3:00 and 6:30-7:00.

I regularly take a targeted range of supplements (guided by a qualified nutritionist) but this past month I also added a daily supplement of 200mg Co-Enzyme Q10 and I do believe this has helped my energy levels.

I'm still dealing with MCAS, PoTS, and Long Covid issues which impact me on a daily basis but with pacing, resting and really listening to my own 'ecosystem,' I am making small, slow and sustainable increments which is encouraging to see 😊





Butterbean, roasted onion and lemon hummous served with vegetable sticks and tortilla chips.




Chilli and onion cornbread.


3 comments:

Eva said...

This all sounds encouraging, San! And it sounds like you are really approaching it from all sides. I have one rest time during the day which is close to yours: From 2:00 to 2:30, but only when I am not teaching German (German starts at 2:20, so I cannot do a rest time then.) And you are baking and cooking, wonderful!

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Eva for your encouraging words xx

Eva said...

You are very welcome!