Wednesday 6 January 2010

Shine In The Light Of God's Love

This has been a difficult message for me and I've spent most of the day pondering its meaning.  I have no problem seeing the light of The Lord in others and immediately several people spring to mind; they seem to exude God's love in all they do and are not afraid to "walk the walk and talk the talk".  I have also heard of others who in responding to God's call have sold up and relied on providence as they undertake a Mission for God.  Then there are those through real hardship and suffering have turned back to God and in doing so are most definitely His hands and feet.  I'm thinking in particular of the men and women involved in The Cenaclo Communities throughout the world.  These wonderful people have really been in the gutter either through drugs or other substance abuse, they truly know what it is like to be in need.  I've often thought that it is only when the chips are down do we finally let Him in and it is then that miracles do occur.


So what does this message mean for me a wife and mother?  Through circumstances I am often home based so there is no chance of me evangelising to the outside world with a sandwich board and soap box!  Yet, I am still called to be that beacon of light in my daily living... to bring God's love into each and every situation I encounter.  This means trying not to lose my cool when Benedict is jumping over the furniture as a result of multiple daily hypo's.  I need to look at him through God's eyes and in doing so see a little boy with a chronic condition that affects every fibre of his being.  Somewhere behind that mania is the Benedict I truly know, the helpful caring happy chap, who adores his baby sister and loves nothing more than drawing trains/tractors and building unusual ships with lego.  When I do this I am more able to respond favourably to the situation and as a result any niggles are ironed over quickly.



 "If I can speak in the tongues of men and even of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional,spiritual devotion such as inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal"  1 Corinthians 13v1.


 



No comments: