Thursday 7 January 2010

And The Thought For Today Is...

 ... forgive and forget!!  Hmm, I could attempt to write a discourse on Peter's conversation with Our Lord but instead I've decided to ponder on a possible sub text hidden within today's message.  The person we often find hard to forgive is ourselves!!  If you are anything like me I could spend considerable time revisiting past mistakes and believe me there are many!!  Yet God The Father has forgiven us through the death and resurrection of Jesus His Son.  Every possible sin that  could ever be made was nailed to that tree at Calvary, so with this in mind cut yourself some slack and be truly thankful for His loving kindness and mercy!  I read somewhere (but can't remember where!):



FORGIVENESS IS ACCEPTING THAT YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF ANOTHER PAST.


 



 



No comments: