Monday 15 November 2010

Homeschool Daze

That was us this morning!  I'd been up in the night twice with Pip and once with Benedict, certainly makes for a tired and grumpy mama!  Add to this chronic back pain,  Dave wobbly with MS symptoms and Benedict with high blood sugars and you have an interesting mix!

Despite the shaky start we managed to complete two rounds of laundry, general tidying of rooms, two home cooked meals and a run in the play park before it got dark.  Benedict's behaviour has been challenging today as a result of the blood sugars and I know I have responded less than favourably myself, so we've both done a heap of aplogising, ah well.

In order to prevent anarchy reigning during such difficulties, I've had to instigate an actions and consequences chart and the final result will determine whether or not he makes it over to Olen's at the weekend.  Currently he has redeemed himself and is working quietly in the lounge, so here's hoping and praying for a reasonably quiet week!  Well, I can dream can't I?!!

The ultimate antidote to difficult days is a quick, nutritious and very tasty evening treat:





Cheesy Baked Potato; Chorizo, Butter Bean and Onion  Salad and Green Beans.

No comments: