Sunday 6 June 2010

The Week That Was!

We should have been holidaying in a static caravan this week whilst our decorator papered and painted the landing, hall and stairs.  It was not to be and after spending the entire weekend washing, packing and unloading, within 24 hours of arriving I was undertaking the whole process in reverse!  Due to a mix up with the keys our decorator could not gain access to the premises, so on a Bank Holiday May Monday we made our way home.  We did stop at a Motorway Services half way through the journey and had a filling, tasty and reasonably priced hot meal.  It was a good job too as I collapsed into bed once home with a horrendous migraine and remained horizontal for a good few hours until the attack had ceased.  Here are some pics from our very short stay!


In the foreground is the frame from the wooden swing seat, Benedict and Pip loved this seat and of course we had to sing row the boat as they swung to and fro!


Pip considering the caravan steps.


"I CAN do it..."



"... nah!  Think I'll get down the usual way!"

Tuesday was my birthday so after taking Benedict and Pip to see a friend with her boys, we made our way to Barton Grange Garden Centre.  We bought a few items for the garden, some jigsaws for Benedict and a Mr Man Ball for Pip.  We just had to get the ball as she spied them stacked in a brightly arranged pile and shouted ball!!  We left our items in a trolley park and headed into the restaurant area where we ate lunch - herby lamb sausages and as much veg as you could eat!  We chose french beans, carrots, cauliflower cheese and new potatoes.  The meal was really delicious and although the table resembled the aftermath of a chimps tea party, there were clean plates all round.



Pip in the toy car shopping trolley.  An ingenious marketing ploy, it keeps the child quiet in the hopes that the shopper will spend more money!







On the way home we called in at Booths Supermarket so I could buy some very important supplies... in the absence of a birthday cake (my choice) I decided to have a cream tea instead.  Whilst other folk pottered around I set to and in between making a casserole I rustled up a batch of scones:








The finished result.  They tasted yummy but were disappointingly crumbly.  I used my never fail gluten free scone recipe, so can only assume it was the change in flour mix that was the cause.  Well that's my excuse anyway!
Wednesday we went to collect Sara from Nanna and Grandad's house.  We arrived in time for lunch and afterward Benedict practiced balancing on his bike and then we played a lively game of football.  In true footballing fashion Benedict and Granddad collided and littlest man came worse off - nasty skin graze about 3 inches in diameter, swelling and bruising.  Savlon cream and iced lolly distraction were doled out in generous amounts and whilst Benedict recuperated in front of a Wiggles DVD, I ransacked Nanna's fabric stash.  I've decided to take part in a Season Swap run by the Green Parent Forum and after spending a good week racking my brain an idea lodged in my head!  Although the brief remains the same the project has morphed into something far different from what I imagined it to be.  I am very grateful for my MIL sewing room and am enjoying being behind the wheel of a sewing machine once more.





Pip wanting in on the action!


Immediately after the collision caught on camera!


Thursday was our at home day.  Whilst Dave and Sara took the little one's on errands I was able to piece together my sewing project.  After lunch Dave and the crew worked in the garden and I continued with the sewing.
On Friday we visited some special friends and had a picnic lunch in the garden.








1 comment:

Claire B Stephenson said...

I LOVE Barton Grange! It's very dangerous me being in there unsupervised! Lovely pics xxx