Tuesday 22 June 2010

Season Swap and a Solstice Supper

I finally completed my sewing project, a mini quilt entitled " Solstice Squares".  On the whole i was pleased with the result as it has been many years since I did any patchwork and quilting.  The "perfectionist" in me had to be quelled as I struggled hard not to rip out some of my work and begin again!!  Some of the squares weren't exactly square, ahem, but time was against me so I had to press on and get the job done.  I missed the solstice deadline by one day but I am hoping the recipient of my handiwork will be able to put it to good use.


The main block of squares.

Finished quilt.

The main block of squares and multicoloured striped border are highlighted by a thin cream band.  I think it works well and it has inspired me to plan another project in the very near future.
Continuing with the theme of multicolour, I made a lovely minestrone pasta dish for tea and it was well received by all:


Typically we all stayed up way past our bedtimes, but it's solstice day and since it only comes around once a year better make the most of it I say!!

No comments: