Monday 12 April 2010

End of Week Round Up

We've been blessed with quite good weather and so the sandpit has been retrieved from the back of the shed.  It now has pride of place on the lawn which  needs a good haircut since Spring has arrived!  The garden is a love/hate relationship with me... I love looking at gardens, reading about them and watching gardening programmes, but when it comes to doing the doing, I see it as a chore rather than a relaxing hobby!  Still we have been blessed with a good sized plot of land and with soaring food prices etc I'm determined once again to do my bit for stewardship of God's good Earth.  With this in mind I think there might be hope for me yet as last night  I watched a brilliant programme entitled  "The Edible Garden" fronted by Alys Fowler, one of the presenters from Gardener's World.  Her task last year was to be as self sufficient as possible yet also to have a garden that looked as good as it tasted.  One of the principles she followed was that of Permaculture, so i've begun googling around for ideas!

It was also the Feast of Divine Mercy today and Benedict and I attended our local Cathedral Church for prayers, adoration and confession.  It was such a comfort to be in the presence of the Lord and to receive healing in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  A beautiful end to a lovely week, Praise God!



Special visitors - Aunty Maureen giving Pip a cuddle...


 

... and so does Uncle Bryan!



Benedict hasn't forgotten how to ride his trike!




More Soil Mechanics studies. Do we have a potential MICE* here? 



(*Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers - dad is only an AMICE - Associate MICE)


 

No comments: