Friday 23 April 2010

Dig For Victory!

Finally the Anderson Shelter and Model Garden is complete.  In typical engineering style, Dave and Benedict expertly reinforced the base and apparently it can withstand the weight of an adult, sigh!  It's been a looong time finishing and with hindsight I'm wondering if too long as Benedict was running out of steam towards the end.  Still I'll give him 10 out of 10 for perseverance in times of apathy and boredom!  I think the finished result is pretty good even if I say so myself.  The dig for victory campaign has also sparked  a discussion on self sufficiency and its relevance today.  As a result we've been watching old episodes of The Good Life as well as  The Edible Garden currently showing on BBC Two.  Both programmes are providing much food for thought in addition to that in the garden!





No comments: