Tuesday 7 December 2021

DPP Day Six and Seven: St Nicholas :: Doula Work

 The Tomten put in their annual appearance for St Nicholas Day:


A warm beanie for Ben with a rechargeable integrated head light, great for work given the current weather!



A Pokemon squishy character for Pip.


It was Mum's last morning with us until she returns in two weeks time for Pip's birthday and Christmas.  I made a yummy polenta bolognese bake for lunch which meant reduced washing up at tea time!



The sauce had the added flavour of smoked paprika and the polenta mix was made with milk, a stock cube and dairy free cheese in the mix and then sprinkled on the top - it was really good.


For the first time in aeons we actually managed to play a family board game after tea - Carcassone is an all round favourite:





Today has been a work day for me and I successfully completed my online safeguarding course (not a great subject to undertake but needs must 😕) and submitted my final written piece on continuous professional development.  All that remains is for me to submit two videos:

One outlining the various stages of labour including a demonstration of a baby descending through the pelvis in the second stage of labour - for this I need to purchase a doll and pelvis! 

The other demonstrating positioning of a baby in regards to breastfeeding using a breastfeeding aid AKA a knitted boob!  My crafting skills have come in handy in this regard 😂 

During my work break I treated myself to some knitting time.  Mum H treated me to some West Yorkshire Spinners Yarn in the Zandra Rhodes design and colour-way Forest Stripes.
















3 comments:

Kezzie said...

I must have missed that you are studying! How exciting!
I love Carcasonne too! CBC bought it for me for my 40th. I'm not hugely competitive about it (which I am about word or drawing based games) but I love playing it.
The St Nicholas presents are lovely. Love your striped wool gloves too- you are so good at that!x

Sandra Ann said...

Ah they are socks Kezzie! Yes I completed one Doula course last year and began another one in the summer with a charity that offers Doula support for those on the margins - vulnerable women and families. So funny I cannot imagine you being competitive! 😂❤️

doe said...

Hello San, the polenta looks delicious, and the St. Nicholas treats are fun! I love that headlight beanie. My nephew has something like that too. It's good you fitted in a game . . I've been meaning to do the same here on a Friday or Saturday night, but somehow it has slipped by these days. Good luck with the last of the studies, and your new yarn is wonderfully pretty and cheery ! xoxoxo