Sunday 26 January 2014

Gratitude Sunday

"Gratitude isn't only a celebration when good things happen.  It's a declaration that God is good no matter what happens"


Thankful for:

Being able to hug a very special friend and to let her know she is loved.

Pip sleeping through on Sunday night and not being sick, prayers answered!

Monday work out on the bike + shower = GREAT!

Pip upstairs with the Brio and Benedict downstairs with the Lego = HAPPY

No celery?  No problem!  Sweet potato and celeriac soup instead!

Christmas poinsettia still brightening my day.

Meditation time ~ fell asleep sitting up!

Morning offering prayer at the kitchen sink.

Being able to laugh at myself when I had a meltdown, whilst rug bashing ~ now I really know how it feels to be three!!

A middle of the night conversation with Pip when she was unexpectedly sick in her sleep ~ such a sweet conversation once she was cleaned up and so many hugs.

Coffee date with Dave at MiaItalia.

Benedict's blood reading at the diabetic clinic, an Hba1c of 7.9 mmol/l  A RECORD!  For the past six years since diagnosis, regardless of all our hard work it has always hovered around 9mmol/l which is not great for his long term health, so this was an unexpected surprise. 

Benedict taking care of me when I was suddenly quite unwell on Friday evening.

Pip working hard and enjoying her art lessons.

A telephone chat with my daughter Kath and my baby grand-daughter trying to wave at me down the phone!  So sweet!

All things permaculture, I'm on a learning journey of my own.



The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.


Four happy shots from this past week:


 It's amazing what you can find on your phone camera!



 Amaretto Latte just the ticket.



 Just enough heat, chilli chocolate chip cookies, awesome.


Saturday Skyline, the sun put in a welcome brief appearance, after which it was back to rain, wind, rain, wind!

Be Blessed x 



7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Blessings to you too, San - what a joyful post xxx

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful thing to be grateful in the midst of sickness and meltdowns - We are entitled to those too. : ) I love the photo of your daughter and grand-daugther...such happiness. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for the good wishes, the crazy picture is big sister Sara with littlest sister Pip who became an Aunt at the age of four!

sustainablemum said...

There is a definite skip in your step this year San, I really hope this year is a better one for you and your family :)

The diabetic news is fantastic, I hope it stays at that level and reduces your anxiety.

Sandra Ann said...

Yes, looking back I definitely wasn't right last year.

So funny early morning wake up with B being sick with high blood sugars( that isn't funny I know) but in the past it would have really ruined my day, instead today I sorted him out and now he is quietly working with Dad. I am having a much needed rest upstairs!

Autumn said...

chili chocolate chip cookie!? deeeelish! mmmm

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, That's good news about Benedict, and about your spirits staying up :) I like Pip and Sara's pic . . and your skyline pic. I'll say prayers for you to stay healthy, and for some much needed sun to pop out again. Glad you and Dave got out for a delicious coffee! Hugs and love :)