Monday 13 January 2014

Gratitude Sunday

After having read Ann's book several times, I have finally put pen to paper and I am keeping a 1000 gifts log.  Her commentary regarding Gratitude rings true:

"Gratitude isn't only a celebration when good things happen.  It's a declaration that God is good no matter what happens"

So here are some of my jottings from this week:

A morning meditation time, Come Lord Jesus!

Craft time ~ valentine hearts in the making.

Benedict making the evening meal on his own.

For the sound of the rain on the loft roof windows, it is oddly comforting.

For Dave's strength of character and his perseverance in daily challenges, always uncomplaining and patient.

For slowly working my way through the linen basket, I can almost see the bottom!

A big hug between me and Benedict.

Pip coming home from school with a big smile on her face.

Skype time with Eva!

For 2014 a year full of HOPE.

A Saturday afternoon food shop on my own.

Capturing a beautiful shot of the sun against a sky enveloped by dark clouds.

I managed to salvage the burnt cabbage for Sunday lunch so all that fine chopping was not in vain!

Tea visits and chats with two good friends.

A major blitz on the downstairs rooms, we now have a desk in the learning zone!


The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.


Four happy  shots of this past week:



 Craft Time.



 Sun and Sky.


 Squeaky Clean.


Wii Fit Yoga.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Sounds like many great moments. The hearts look wonderful, I like your sun picture, and would you like to come by and help me with my kitchen? (Actually, Charlotte helped me tonight,but it could use some deep cleaning.) It was wonderful chatting with you.

Unknown said...

What a great list. I have been making hearts like a mad woman! I love your sun and clouds picture! Isn't God an amazing artist?

doe said...

Beautiful pictures San! Nice composition and color. I'm going to check out the book you suggested. My library has it.

I'm grateful to read your heartfelt and inspiring posts :)

P.S. Eva says "deep cleaning . . " oh, lots of that needed here!