Sunday 19 January 2014

Gratitude Sunday

"Gratitude isn't only a celebration when good things happen.  It's a declaration that God is good no matter what happens"

There have been times this week when looking for the gifts has been hard, but once I put pen to paper the list kept on growing and a peace fell upon my soul:

3 startling graces of God ~ ever patient, ever loving and ever merciful

Bird song and chatter in the garden.

Winter sun making its appearance.

Another good day in the learning zone ~ Innuit Tribes ~ you tube documentary, narrative recall, penmanship and art.

A morning on my own listening to a talk on Ignatian spirituality whilst knitting.

A gift bringing quiet, prayer ~ much needed loft time, meditation, sleep.

Dave playing a Happy Families game with Pip.

Doorstep food delivery.

For being able to offer words of encouragement to another mum across the miles ~ the wonders of face book and one of its many positive uses.

Fireside knitting and peace.

A sparkling clean cooker!

Make and Cake friends ~ a time to switch off, relax, laugh, share, eat and craft.

Saturday Skyline and the sun playing peek a boo through the clouds.

For Pip saying, "I love you mummy"

For Benedict asking for a good night kiss and a hug.


The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

Four happy shots of this past week:


 "Yay, there was enough wool!"


 Evidence of happy play.


 Yummy, home made gluten free bread.


Saturday Skyline.



6 comments:

sustainablemum said...

You are so right that even when we think we have not had a good week when we sit and think there are many things to be grateful for, that is why I love this and do it every week to find those little things amongst the madness!

Unknown said...

Beautiful list. The shawl is stunning! Glad you had enough yarn. Love your happy pictures. Hope you and your family have a great week.

Project Tara said...

I have not seen a marble run in ages! What a big smile it brought to my face. Your knit is lovely, stunning colorway.

Eva said...

All our children still want good-night kisses and hugs, even the big ones, but your comment about Benedict reminded me of a morning in Germany last summer. I had to wake up Jonathan and while he was waking up, he put his arm around my neck. He used to do that when he was really little, but hadn't done it in a long time. I almost cried when he did it. Those moments are truly rare.

Sandra Ann said...

Aw so sweet! Yes those hugs and kisses are really important and sometimes I need to be reminded of that need.

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, Thank you for your list. I think it would be good for me to sit down and make one also. I'm a little behind on my organizing, and I'm feeling disgruntled with my knit-a-long project. Your thankful moments are inspiring and bring peace. I love Benedict's poster. I remember the girls making them a long time ago. The shawl is really special too. Time goes so fast. It's nice to stop and take note of the special moments of now. Sending you a big hug . .