Tuesday 21 February 2023

Shrove Tuesday Sickness

 It wouldn't be Lent in our house without someone being ill in some way shape of form.  We are currently on Covid watch with Pip, she has all the same early symptoms as per last time and I've been feeling more unwell than usual.  Her test was negative yesterday but I know from experience it can take at least three-four days before a positive, needless to say we are hunkering down and staying home.

Whatever is going on she's caught it from either being at church on Saturday evening (our first time attending in person since catching covid last December) or at bowling with her friend on Sunday.  Once again the downstairs room has been converted into a sick bay, only this time it's a little more organised and bonus points we have the stove to keep us warm 😊




Our church from the side - we park here as it is right next to the ramp for Dave,


Whilst making our main meal at lunch time I also made a batch of pancakes and some were eaten then and others saved for after tea.  I used the recipe from the River Cottage Every Day cookbook and actually remembered to let the batter 'sit' for thirty minutes before cooking.  The pancakes were really delicious and definitely worth the effort in the kitchen.


Life captured - school folders, supplements, pain relief pills, throat lozenges, my reading pile and my 'bed' to the left of the table sitting snugly under the dining room window.



My focus is off in this photo but it's such a lovely photo of Dave that I've included it in today's memories.



A stack of light and fluffy pancakes.



Vegetable, sausage, pasta and cheese bake 😋

May you be blessed this Lent ❤️




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post - though I am very sorry to hear that Pip is unwell
It’s chilly and raining in theWest Country, so hunkering down at home is a great idea
And I love the photos you posted
Dave looks really happy and content and I appreciated the pictures of life detritus on the table - much like my house and very honest as opposed to Insta gram ready!
Lent passed me by yesterday as Tony was readmitted to hospital onMonday evening - he is too unwell for chemo this week and his pain is once again out of control . I pray that the Medics can find a way of managing his pain - this is his 4th admission since the end of December and he wants to be home

I am trying to find one of my books by Dorothy Day before I leave for the hospital - she will be my companion through Lent
Seeing you warmest wishes
Siobhan x

Sandra Ann said...

Prayers for you and Tony and for medication to control the pain sending love and I’m glad the pictures were a comfort to you dear friend xx

BLD in MT said...

Sending my love and prayers for the health of your family. This selection of photos was absolutely wonderful. A blessed Lent to you as well!