Tuesday 14 February 2023

A Library Day

 I used my limited energy reserves to make a library visit with Dave and Pip.  I came home with this stack of books:



If you look carefully you will see a theme πŸ™‚ in addition to some gardening books and an interesting book on how small changes can make a big difference ❤️. I still struggle with reading academic texts since Covid, so I’m struggling to complete the various modules associated with my permaculture design certificate.  I’ve given myself permission to take a ‘pause’ for the next week or so, and then hopefully gradually complete my studies but by bit. However being able to read this type of literature is a real comfort and distraction during these post covid days.


Another change that has helped in daily living is switching our main meal at lunchtime which then means less washing up of an evening when we are all tired.  Today’s tea was a variation on the Oslo Meal which was a nutritious meal given primarily to children during the Second World War, it was essentially bread, various salad vegetables, a piece of cheese, an apple and a glass of milk.  Everyone enjoyed their tea and only a plate to wash once we had finished eating: 




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again
Well done for coming up with practical solutions to manage and acknowledge where your energy levels are - and I had never heard of the Oslo meal before, but it makes so much sense and looks delicious
I hope you enjoy your reading
And that you can return to your studies soon
Tony is having a blood transfusion today as his levels are very low, and for this reason this weeks Chemotherapy has had to be postponed. It is a rollercoaster that I wish we were not riding, and it is very hard watching the subtle ( and not so subtle changes) that his cancer is causing . It’s heartbreaking
Siobhan x

Sandra Ann said...

Praying for you both today that the blood transfusion will do the job and his health stabilise for further chemotherapy - I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, love San ❤️

elli said...

Wonderful to have a good stack of books to dip intoπŸ€—πŸ“š

Praying for your continued recovery dear San! πŸ•ŠπŸ™πŸ½❤️

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Penelope for your friendship and prayers - libraries are just wonderful aren’t they πŸ™‚❤️

sustainablemum said...

So glad to hear that you have been able to get out to the library. That is quite a stack of books you have there, enjoy reading them all!

I too have never heard of the Oslo Meal but it looks like many a meal I have served here!

Eva said...

Wonderful you got to go to the library! And that meal is like the German way. I cook my big meal at lunch and we just have a light meal like the one you posted for supper. I never quite understood why you would want to cook and clean-up at night!