Tuesday 22 December 2015

Looking for joy :: DPP Weekend Catch Up

DPP Day Eighteen ~ Gaming

 Cousins ~ birthdays within three months of each other, one six foot tall the other a whole foot shorter :-)

DPP Day Day Nineteen ~ The Canon Who Came To Tea ...

 ... and caused a riot with an impromptu magic show :-)



DPP Day Twenty ~ Christmas Lunch With Friends

 The two littlest girls waiting on dessert and having fun pulling the crackers at the table.



DPP Day Twenty One ~ Solstice Little Flowers

 "It's the latest rage wearing a home made peony on your head!

 


 "Surprise!"  An early birthday song and good wishes for the forthcoming year, get ready and ...


 ...blow!

Pip and I always have a lovely time at the little flowers group and my heart is truly blessed to spend some time with like minded souls.  When I was sharing about being disorganised and not having achieved the things I had planned this advent, Kara reminded me that, I was rocking the Advent that God had organised :-)  And yes that included, MS relapses, ear problems, peeling wall paper in the playroom, still to be painted wood work in the hallway and a major clean of the rooms yet again!

On the way home there was one image I longed to capture but it was not safe to do so and that was the image of a gorgeous ball of fire hanging in the sky!  The return of the sun and a happy memory for me :-)

Advent Blessings x  
 

12 comments:

Eva said...

You have had some wonderful time with friends and relatives! That should truly lift your spirits. Happy birthday planning for Pip!

sustainablemum said...

It sounds like it has been a wonderful few days for you all. Pip looks so grown up with her hair down!

Pen Wilcock said...

Yes - Yul at last, and the birth of the infant light; so very welcome!

elli said...

I like what your friend said .... Yes, it is always best to bloom where we are planted, rather than tend a garden filled with weeds of regret .... But it isn't always easy to do so! Offering you prayers of encouragement, and peace. When I get tired or overwishful of what might have been or when I haven't managed to do (x or y or z) I try to picture Jesus being in the room with me! :-) That tends to refocussing me on loving the here and now and life the way it is -- at least until the next time :-)

{{hugs}}

dorinalouise said...

Happy Birthday to Pip! What a busy time it is for you! I'm glad you captured some moments with your camera. And it's good to hear your words of strength in trying to deal with so much :) Last night I was catching up with things and then Greg's alarm went off and he was getting up for work?! I think I have too many things on my to do list :P I need to take a nap today. I hope you do too if you would like one :) Oh! I'm so glad you've had some sun! It's been very grey here and it's been difficult for those in their teens to get up in the morning.

Wishing you more sunshine and sending a big hug xoxoxoxo

Hayley said...

Wish Pip a very happy birthday from me, I think Georgie and Pip would get along famously :)

You know when you say about being disorganised, I think it helps for us to focus on what we have done as opposed to what we wanted to and didn't do. A friend once told me instead of writing a to do list for a week to have a go at writing a 'done today' list. It can make for remarkable reading, and make you feel quite impressed with yourself.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and restful Christmas xx

Sandra Ann said...

The done today list now I like that! Thanks for the birthday wishes x

Sandra Ann said...

Hope you managed that nap :-) I loved one of your recent posts where you commented that NY weather at the moment was just like London! We did have some blue skies earlier today x

Sandra Ann said...

Yes I have been using my in car moments as a chat out loud conversation with the Lord. We had a lovely spur of the moment visit from our Parish Priest this afternoon and he reminded me that raising a family and caring for the sick is an ongoing prayer. Hope you are ok x

Sandra Ann said...

Yes spirits have been well and truly lifted :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Not only does she look grown up but she speaks like an adult at times which can be amusing/irritating depending on how little sleep you had the night before!

Sandra Ann said...

Birth of the infant light, just precious. Dave and I watched The Nativity Story last night, many tears were shed at the awesomeness of God coming to earth as a helpless tiny babe. Humbling.