Tuesday 6 November 2012

Manual Mode Monday 4/52

Joining in with Sarah, albeit uploaded a day late!  I took advantage of Pip being occupied with the tessellation shapes and maths manipulatives:

F5.3, 250, ISO 1600
 
I also made use of Pip sitting near the window and I love the way the light is reflected in her hair. I think I was lucky with this shot as a higher ISO setting has the downside trade off re camera "noise."  I just wasn't thinking straight and could've captured the same effect by altering my shutter speed instead, as in all things it's a learning curve.  At least I'm operating in manual mode pretty much all of the time and I'm no longer troubled by fiddling around with the camera settings and observing the different effects.
 
 

 

3 comments:

dorinalouise said...

oooooohhhh, i'm impressed. and it's a beautiful shot.

sustainablemum said...

Such a lovely picture, well done you!

Unknown said...

Lovely!