Wednesday 8 August 2012

Yarn Along

I'm joining Johnny this week for the yarn along thing and his post totally cracked me up!!

My perseverance has paid off and following on from my last post recounting the trials with the Liesl, I have finished the body part and have begun working on the sleeves.  As I suspected I love the pattern and it will be good to see it blocked and ready to wear just in time for the cooler weather.

Seaside knitting last week when the weather was definitely not summer.





Clicking Away.


Finished body piece.



Lovely wave design that will open up nicely when blocked.



St. Benedict's Toolbox: The Nuts and Bolts of Everyday Benedictine Living


I'm currently reading the book pictured above.  I was too lazy to retake my knitting picture to incorporate the reading material so "borrowed" this copy from Amazon.  I've read this book before and have found it useful in my walk with God.  I love St Benedict's rule as it is so practical and this book incorporates the main tenets of the rule and offers suggestions in applying them to everyday life outside of a community setting.

3 comments:

Eva said...

That looks like a good book! It does look cold at your place! We are still using fans and complain about the heat! Where is your summer? The knitting is lovely, though, you always amaze me.

arwen_tiw said...

Love the black and white pictures of you by the sea. :)

dorinalouise said...

hello san, oh, the liesl is lovely!!! can't wait to see it on you. and your reading looks inspirational . . you need some warm weather over there! we have lots of heat and sun here . . hoping some comes your way soon!