Wednesday 3 August 2011

Yarn Along ...

... and middle of the night knitting yet again, sigh.  Diabetes once more totally unstable so I'm crawling into bed around 2:30am once I know it is safe to leave Benedict.  Thankfully he's blissfully unaware of the comings and goings associated with his medical needs, a far cry from last week  where he experienced a hypo and horrendous night terror all in one go, not good.

I'm actually knitting something for myself for a change... much needed almost pure wool socks.  I was gifted the wool from my MIL and have found the mindless round and round quite therapeutic.

Am reading "The Ten Habits of Happy Mothers: Reclaiming Our Passion, Purpose and Sanity" by Meg Meeker, MD on the Kindle app on my phone.  Elizabeth has been discussing this book bit by bit and it was as a result of one of the discussions, I decided to download the book there and then.  I have to be honest I'm not retaining much of the info, but that I know is due to constant tiredness on my part.


Here is Sara working out the gauge for
the Lego jumper she has designed for Benedict.  She's a star keeping her old mum company in the middle of the night, we've actually had some of our best mother and daughter discussions during these quiet times, smile!


 The completed socks are in mixed Autumnal colours whereas the current pair on the needles are a mix of purples and blues. So once the colder weather bites I will have toasty warm toes!

Go take a peek at Ginny and the others over at:

www.gsheller.com 

2 comments:

Shirley-Ann said...

I'm so glad you left a note on my blog! It is great to 'meet' someone close by ;o) I really enjoy your knitting - I too am a knitter. I shall certainly be popping in regularly!
Blessings
Shirley

Gae said...

Hello, I just found your blog and was delighted by it, so I just had to follow so as not to miss anything. I have joined a few of GInny's Yarn Alongs too. I am hoping to knit socks soon but am a little nervous about them I lov ethe colours of yours
Thanks for sharing this I am interested in this book too
Blessings
Gae