Monday 13 April 2020

What Do People Do All Day?

This is a title from one of our favourite Richard Scarry books and it charts the activities of all sorts of folk through the course of their day, from mummy goat right down to Lowly worm :-)  So here is our family day as seen on the WhatsApp group:






 My sister in law Heather has been painting her mud room and adding decorative handmade touches such as cushions for the bench, cheery storage  baskets and smartening up the boot stand.  At the weekend she also finished the Easter wreath and made a cover for the top of the hallway radiator that was looking a bit shabby.  I think she is living her best lockdown life at the moment ;-)

(For some reason I hit a live record button on my phone, LOL)

I opened San's barber shop for business and had two very patient customers waiting on the doorstep.  Patience was the operative word as it took me over an hour and half to cut their hair, it was a case of watch the Youtube video, pause and hopefully remember the steps involved, LOL.  In all I think I did a pretty reasonable job and who knows by the time this lockdown is over I might be fairly proficient!


I wasn't the only one in the family running a hairdressing service, even Ollie had a haircut from either his mum or dad.



Kathryn spent the day decluttering and cleaning her kitchen cupboards,

So that's us a real family effort of keeping busy and positive during these rather strange days.

2 comments:

doe said...

Happy, busy bees. Heather's mudroom and Kathryn's cabinets look very nice :)
I've been watching the 1988 movie of Little Dorrit, since I finished the book. It was in two parts, three hours each! I enjoyed it, and thought they captured the feel of the book very well, even though they left out several characters (for ease of telling the story on film).

Kezzie said...

I love that video of Dave and Ben! So cute!
I have been doing some tidying and sorting of cupboards. Today, I sorted the plastic containers cupboard which I am quite pleased about - matched all the lids to boxes and then numbered lids and boxes with a Sharpie so I know which goes with which in the future and then organised them all neatly! It was the Utility room last week!
I'd like to line up for San's hairdressers too- my hair is toooooooooooooooo long!