Tuesday 22 August 2017

Sunday Tea :: Mud Glorious Mud


Kathryn and Mary-Grace stopped for the weekend, whilst Benedict spent some time with Tom and Sara.  To save me making an extra journey we decided to meet them Beetham Garden centre for coffee/tea and cake:





















We had a sudden change of plan yesterday afternoon.  Our original plan was to visit a home school family but when we turned up they weren't at home :-(  Needless to say Pip was very understandably upset, but thanks to quick thinking on my part, a nudge from a Guardian Angel (!) and a telephone call it all turned out well :-)  We visited Claire and Co and a lovely afternoon was had by all.

Pip and Beth had fun constructing a moat for younger brother's bridge, they dug and dug and continued digging despite the rain!  Thank you God for friends :-)












 

5 comments:

dorinalouise said...

Sometimes the unexpected can be the most wonderful! Smart thinking San! I'm so glad the day turned out well. I miss those kinds of days myself :) It's nice to see the girls digging in the dirt. I always called the soil at my mom and sister's homes "clean dirt," juxtaposed to the soot of the city! (Not to say that we don't love our sooty NYC air! One of our favorite lines from _Bedknobs and Broomsticks_ is: "We're back in London! Just smell that sooty air!") I also love the pics of your day together with Kathryn, Mary-Grace, Tom and Sara. Such smiles all around! xoxo, Dorina

Sandra Ann said...

Yes the unexpected was so good and in many ways better than the planned meeting :-) Funny how kids just love digging, even Benedict at 14 if given a spade will still dig in the sand! Thanks for popping by xx

Eva said...

I had read that a heat wave was coming to England, no? So great they could dig, very much third grade work. You are already doing a main lesson :).

Sandra Ann said...

Humid weather today. I have been reading loads about Grade three being a year of doing, looking forward to seeing how we progress this year :-) x

Kezzie said...

I'm so glad the day was saved! I can understand Pip being disappointed. I remember we were supposed to go sailing with my best friend when I was about 7 and they said they would pick us up on the way as we walked down their road from my school but there are two ways to get to their house and we went the wrong way so we missed them and I remember being so upset. That was before mobile phones...