Monday 14 August 2017

Summer Shenanigans

Still here and still sick.  The last time I was this unwell was before Benedict was born!  I am either suffering from a major relapse of an existing condition or dealing with something new.  Either way it makes simple daily living tasks a challenge. Therefore  I follow a predictable routine of do one thing and then lie down and so on throughout the day.  I am just about managing to fulfill my work commitments but this then leaves me with little chance to do anything else.  The kids have been really great helping around the home, the pots are washed, meals made and clean clothing in the cupboards, so really it is all good.

Here is a photo round up of the past month:

 Visiting Sara and Tom in their new abode.  They have moved out of the basement of number one and are now living in the main part of the house.  This change came about as a result of Grandpa passing away last month but it is wonderful that the whole building is remaining within the family.  Tom's mum and Dad live in the top floors of this family home.











 Tom's mum and dad called in to say, "hello" and were just in time for dessert :-)  Home grown apples and blackcurrant for a fruit crumble.
  

  Both kids have been occupied out of the home during the course of these past few weeks.  Pip attended week one of a Mad Science camp at the end of July, followed by them both attending Heron Corn Mill for Flash Art workshops. Here are Pip's art inventions for the Mad Science Camp in July, she begins round two tomorrow!
























 
Deliciously Ella With Friends:


Mum W loaned the book named above and Pip and I tried one of the recipes on Sunday evening.  It was a no bake chocolate and nut pie.  We omitted the middle of layer or peanut butter and a good job too, it would have been way too rich!  This recipe turned out really well although since being on the Wahls Paleo Plus diet, I have now found that nuts give me stomach issues, so I will be giving this one a miss in future :-)







4 comments:

elli said...

I am so so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing such a bad flare of poor health ... My current, very serious and life limiting, GI flare has now been going on since January 2016! No end in sight, so I consider it 'normal' now, and do my best to live accordingly. Lots of prayer, and rest, and careful attention to my body's needs ... Always giving thanks to God for the many blessings of this life! xox

Sandra Ann said...

Sending hugs your way x

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, I'm glad you are continuing with the Paleo. I found out so much when I did the GAPS, and I still try to follow as much as possible. I've been very tired myself since we've returned home. Of course, it could be that I'm just not used to the heat and humidity. San Francisco had such cool weather with very dry air. A friend of mine found out that she has Lyme Disease and is on an antibiotic. She's also doing some Chinese herbs and an anti-inflammatory diet (no starch, no sugar, etc . . very GAPS-like and Paleo-like diet). I wonder if you could have something like that? I hope you are soon feeling better. I'll be thinking of you, and am glad that B and P are pitching in and helping to make your days run as smooth as possible :) xoxo (Please tell Pip congrats on her summer workshop activities. I love her drawings!)

Kezzie said...

I am sorry you have been so unwell. It is horrid when you don't know what it is. Sending you hugs and a prayer.
Looks like Pip had a great time!x