Wednesday 30 August 2017

Raw Cacao, Fruit, Nut and Popcorn Slices

My goodness I have made it to five posts in one month!  

I had fun in the kitchen this afternoon and made these delicious treat bars that are packed full of goodness and really simple to make.  This recipe made one large "cake" that split into 16 individual slices.





Ingredients:

100g almond butter
100g coconut oil
50g raw cacao powder
100g honey ( or maple syrup if you wish to make a vegan version)
1tsp vanilla extract
50g dried cherries or cranberries
50g flaked almonds
50g popped corn

Melt the coconut oil and mix in a bowl with the almond butter and honey.  Add the cacao and blend until smooth.  Fold in the remaining ingredients of cherries, almonds and popcorn.

Lightly grease a spring form cake tin or silicone mold and spoon in the chocolate mixture.  Place the tin in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Once frozen remove the mixture from the tin and cut into tiny slices and store in the fridge. 

Disclaimer:  I used the fudge base recipe from Madeleine Shaw's " Get The Glow" Cookbook and then added in my own extras of almonds and popcorn ;-)

4 comments:

Eva said...

That looks great. Do you think you could leave out the popcorn? Some family members have a corn allergy here.

Sandra Ann said...

Yes you could easily leave out the corn and just add extra nuts instead :-)

doe said...

Great! I have _Get the Glow!_ Can't wait to try it :)

Sue Elvis said...

San,

This is the kind of recipe Sophie loves. And we love eating whatever she makes! I shall pass on the recipe. No doubt we'll soon be enjoying raw cacao, fruit, nut and popcorn slices!

I'm very behind with blog reading and I need to catch up with your latest news. Did I hear you've been feeling very unwell? I shall have to read your posts to find out. Anyway, I hope you are okay. Sending much love and prayers your way. xxx