Saturday 29 April 2017

Gloucester Part Two ~ Gloucester Regiment Museum :: Hubble Bubble

Hubble Bubble
 
 













 The sweet potato fries were for me as I can no longer eat potatoes, if I do the joint pain is horrendous!

Gloucester Regiment Museum

 

 This image cracks me up everytime!  In the late 1950's yound lads were conscripted for National Service and this is how your bed had to look for inspection time.  No chance of hitting the snooze button for the umpteenth time!


Those hats are very heavy!

 Part three to follow :-)

3 comments:

dorinalouise said...

The food looks yummy! We rarely eat potatoes now . . just sweet potatoes. We had purple ones the other day! I bet those hats are heavy! I can imagine the weight on my head . . Greg used to be in the Marine Corps. I'm still amazed at how he can roll out of bed the second the alarm goes off!

Sandra Ann said...

My Dad was a state registered nurse with the Royal Marines and earned his green beret. I bet Greg must be on auto pilot :-) xx

dorinalouise said...

That's so wonderful about your dad! Maybe you can post a picture of him one day in his green beret. It would be nice to see. Thank you for the lovely Easter card :) xoxo