Monday 10 April 2017

Independent Learning

It is Spring break around these parts.  Most of the schools are already on vacation but the Catholic schools dont break up for another week.  I have found to my cost that taking a formal break doesn't work in our family so we reduce the workload and concentrate on just maths, english and reading.  This means there is plenty of time for projects and other activities.

Pip found a series of how to draw Youtube videos and with pencil and paper in hand and the pause button at the ready she has produced some really good artwork:







Benedict has also been trawling through How to Sites and Youtube videos on building your own gaming website.  It is a good job that he has Dave to talk to because it is all quite literally over my head!  

Dave has been well enough these past few days to make into the workshop and so steady progress is being made on the engine.

I am on a steep learning curve associated with content writing, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and other hoops one has to jump through to maintain a decent Google ranking!  It took me three hours to write a short introduction for the website yesterday!!  Trying to "get all my ducks in a row" was a challenge.    Still I succeeded in writing the post and then uploading the same content to MailChimp so that those on the emailing list could also be informed.  My introduction is here 



5 comments:

dorinalouise said...

Very nice introduction San!! Pip's drawings are wonderful :) Love to all of you! xoxo (What's going on with the engine? Did I miss a post?)

Sandra Ann said...

No you didn't miss a post. Dave is building a steam engine from scratch in the workshop. He has made everything himself including the teeny tiny nuts and bolts. He has had boiler issues and there were several leaks which thankfully have resolved. I will have to get him to share some pictures here on the blog it truly is a Labour of love x

dorinalouise said...

Wow!!!! That is so fabulous and brilliant! I would love to hear about it and see some photos if he ever has a chance! :D xoxoxo

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Kezzie said...

A STEAM ENGINE??!?!?! Ohh my! Pip's drawins are fab!!