Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sometimes it pours

I am sure that I mentioned late last year that Pip had some hearing issues.  We saw the consultant yesterday and he confirmed the original diagnosis of significant hearing loss in both ears :-(. She had moulds made of her ears and  hearing aids will be fitted within the next few weeks.  She has also been referred for extra tests at the hospital since we need to ascertain why she is losing her hearing, so cue blood tests, kidney tests, eye tests and a possible MRI brain scan.  Sometimes the challenges are well, just a bit challenging x 

6 comments:

elli said...

Lots and lots of prayers for you all San! For strength and courage to be able to face whatever may come with patience and love. xox

Eva said...

Oh San, that is just so bizarre! I do hope that there is a cure for this and that there is nothing else wrong. Poor you. Sending you a big hug and love.

sustainablemum said...

It is a challenge but I guess it is good that they want to find out why rather than give her the hearing aids and then send her home. I do hope you get an answer and it's a good one.

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley said...

Sending loads of hugs and good wishes for the NHS getting to the bottom of what is happening. So pleased the hearing aids are getting done, as I am sure that will really help her.

Hayley

PS - Sorry for not reading recently, my mum has been in for a major op (still there but improving) and I have had flu. I'll get caught up soon xx

dorinalouise said...

Oh my goodness, San. Such a big concern for all of you. I pray all will go well and the hearing aids will help. We send Pip a great big hug! Love to you . . xoxo