Irish Soda Bread
Pre- Heat the oven to 200C
170 grams gluten free self raising flour
170 grams gluten free plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
290 ml/l buttermilk (or in my case the yogurt/milk mix!)
1. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Pour in the liquid and mix thoroughly to form a soft dough.
3. Place on a greased baking sheet in a round and cut a cross across the top, to let the fairies out!
4. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve sliced with butter.
Thin Yogurt Culture.
Wet and Dry Ingredients.
Soft dough before baking.
There was just enough left to make a banana, peanut butter and chia seed smoothie for me:
Breakfast in a glass.