Friday 19 June 2015

A June Daybook

Outside my window ... There are patches of colour amongst the green foliage.  The strawberries are prolific and have definitely benefited from being in the raised beds.

I am thankful for ... A coffee date with hubby this morning.  It was good to spend some quiet time together and as an additional treat a robin came to say hello:






I am wearing ... Denim coloured linen pants, a long sleeved raspberry/navy Paisley shirt and a pair of hand knitted socks.  It might be midsummer tomorrow in the north of the UK but it is chilly :-)

I am creating ... An aestlight shawl, an icon of St Raphael and food for Pip's fairy party tomorrow.

I am wondering ... Why we are struggling with so many health issues at the moment.

I am reading ... The permaculture way by Graham Bell.

I am hoping ... That the kids will cut Dave and I some slack over the weekend and actually manage to be in each other's company without fighting :-(

I am learning ... To lean heavily on God :-)

In my garden ... We have strawberries just waiting to ripen and red currant bushes dripping with fruit.

In my kitchen ... There is chaos!  We have just eaten an evening meal and the dishes are calling my name!

In the homeschool room ... I am treading uncharted waters aboard a ramshackle raft with no life jacket!  Homeschooling a frustrated pre teen diabetic boy is at times not fun.

A peek into my day:



A beautiful note for Pip from a dear sweet ballet mad friend who came to stay with us last year.  Thank you Chanda xx

I am joining in with : thesimplewoman.blogspot.co.uk

Apologies for being unable to make a link but we are minus a computer at the moment and I am using a blogger app for my phone! 

No comments: