Monday 11 September 2023

A New School Year Begins

 Pip is now in Year 10 and officially at the start of her GCSE journey; her journey with InterHigh continues as in Maths, English, Spanish and Geography.  She is also attending our local agricultural college one day a week for Landscape Architecture and Design.  Her first day last week was beset with all sorts of problems due to the hearing loss and PoTS, yet despite all of that she persevered and finished the day with a smile on her face.



We’ve had a summer of bedroom decorating and furniture building, Pip’s was the last room to be sorted.  Naturally this caused chaos in the rest of the household ๐Ÿคช. I’m trying to very slowly finish painting the dining room which was promptly abandoned due to Covid last year.  The perching stool, a long handled roller and some new medications are helping ๐Ÿ™‚.

I had my long awaited cardiology appointment last week and was finally diagnosed with post covid PoTS and I’m now on the same medications as Pip.  I’m trying to do bits of work but the payback in the form of post exertional malaise is pretty naff - horrendous nerve pain, increased fatigue, swollen glands and loss of balance.  I recognised where I went wrong last week so I’m hoping with some adaptations and cooler weather I’ll manage better this week.  

Here’s hoping I can be a bit more consistent in this space too.  Sending hugs to my blogging friends ๐Ÿฉท

4 comments:

elli said...

Sending all manner of love and prayers and support from across the seas, San! Some days I am able to tell my son, “okay, I have exactly One Inch of energy, so we can do —” (fill in the blank, a small thing! The other day it was shift the fridge out of its corner, so as to sweep under and behind it. Grateful to have been able to — he’s got chronic illness too, of course, plus a shoulder injury limitation of a couple years' standing now, so between the two of us!) ... In any case, hoorah for Pip, this marks a significant new season! And I am so glad you've been able to get more of the medical help you need. ❤️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Eva said...

Congratulation, Pip, for getting through the day. Good luck on your studies. Is Pip's room finished? What color are you using for the dining-room? I hope that the new medications are working for you.

Sandra Ann said...

Hi Elli, thanks as always for your encouraging words, prayers and support. I’m sorry to read about T’s long standing shoulder injury that doesn’t sound good ๐Ÿ˜•. Pip’s had another college day today and she hasn’t rang during her lunch break which means she’s either found someone to hang out with or something to do. She was quite nervous this morning but sallied forth regardless ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Hi Eva, Pip’s room is finished so I will have to share some photos. The dining room is a cream the same as the original colour and Ben is helping to finish the painting - I tried to do a small amount of weeding yesterday with timed rest/active breaks but even half an hour total is too much for my body and it’s been pain meds and sofa day. I’m going to have to go back to basics and establish a solid baseline with hardly any symptoms before attempting to make any incremental changes - it’s all a learning curve! At least the new meds are keeping my heart rate under control ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Eva said...

I would love to see some pictures of the bedroom. Oh, weeding is exhausting, even when you are healthy! I did some weeding with Veronika the other day. Bending down and kneeling down is not as easy as it used to be :). Good the meds are working!