Tuesday 20 December 2022

Post COVID Issues

 Dave, Ben and Pip have recovered, I however have been left with post covid, tachycardia, dizziness and loss of balance.  My resting heart rate pre covid was 67-69bpm and now it’s 95-99 whilst lying down first thing.  As soon as I attempt to sit up it tips my heart into a cardio workout zone 120-130bpm.  It looks like I’m presenting a PoTS picture and we know all about that living with Pip!  GP ran an ECG this morning which was a normal rhythm but not a normal rate and I’ve also had some bloods done - she will telephone tomorrow and I’m hoping she’ll prescribe some meds to calm everything down.  Ben has been a real trooper running the house - making meals, laundry, pot washing and vacuuming.  Pip has been doing her bit too remembering her meds and laundry.  I’m hoping we will get the tree up today 🙂

5 comments:

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Eva 🙂. Hope your week is going well ❤️

sustainablemum said...

I am so sorry to hear this San, I do hope you get some answers soon.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Siobhan GP reckons my autonomic nervous system is a bit jangled at the moment due to covid, I have a review at the start of Jan if there’s no improvement but to contact surgery if things worsen in between- but I don’t think they will 🙂

doe said...

Hello San, I hope time will help your body sort things out! Or some meds can. Kudos to Ben and Pip for keeping the house cozy and clean, and tummies full. Let yourself rest this holiday season xoxo

Eva said...

I came down with a nasty cold and am taking it easy the next few days.