Saturday 27 November 2021

Saturday Snippets

 Still having fun with the camera and learning lots of new cool things such as bracketing, which is essentially where you take three images and the camera will do one real time, one slightly over exposed and one slightly under exposed.  I could have done with using the bracketing when i took the shot of Poppy - I was outside and she was inside.  I managed to avoid glare from the glass but her image is on the darker side than I would have liked, still she does have a rather regal look about her 😻






One lone rose that survived the battering of storm Arwen.



A rather sombre looking Dave but he was talking me through bracketing and this was definitely the best shot.






Pip had the chance to visit her friend Jamie this afternoon, it was most definitely a last minute arrangement and did require me driving 35 minutes to get her there but it was worth it.  Whilst Pip hung out with her friend, Dave and I had a coffee at Beetham Garden centre and I stepped out of my comfort zone and used the camera to take these shots.  I've become fairly familiar in shooting in manual mode which means I have to set the aperture, shutter speed and ISO accordingly.  It's quite satisfying to come up with a half decent image 😊



3 comments:

Eva said...

Those are great pictures and you even had a date together! It sounds like a lovely day.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Eva it was a lovely day ❤️

doe said...

I think you're doing very well with the photos! I love Dave's serious look, very classic! And Poppy is such a beautiful dear :) Also, your coffee looked delish!