Tuesday 23 November 2021

A Light In The Darkness

 In between bouts of sickness and health issues we have managed to attend church.  Unfortunately our local church in the village isn't a place where we feel safe as they have opened up all the pews and the church is often full to capacity.  As a result we felt led to attend elsewhere and are attending a church just under twenty minutes down the road.  Not only do they leave some benches fenced off they also leave the back doors open which then leads into a sizeable narthex.  As we were leaving on Sunday evening I looked up and saw this image of Jesus at the entrance:




The image below was snapped as I left a friend's house yesterday tea time.  I didn't have my camera with me but the phone made a pretty good attempt to capture the glory in the sky.



Both images have me thinking about Advent and how God's Light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome it.  This was also confirmed in a chat I had with Sr Emma earlier in the day -  it was her confirmation saint's feast day, St Cecilia, patroness of music.  Emma also shared with me her thoughts about Advent and the need for the light of Christ in the world.  She has written a song for advent based on that precept and whilst in the chapel The Lord gave her the music 😊. Bernadette Farrell also wrote a beautiful piece entitled 'Christ Be Our Light.'







8 comments:

Angela said...

I do love that song... Thank you for posting it. An encouragement on a dark day (also thank you for the kind comment on my blog)

Sandra Ann said...

Sending hugs xx

Lynda said...

I've enjoyed catching up with all your recent posts.
I've had a lot of headaches/migraines too recently. And family visiting.
I am blessed by the way you always seem to stay positive and thankful despite many difficulties and health set backs.

And I love the song! I might have to steal it and put it on my blog in the coming weeks :)

Sending love... xx

Sandra Ann said...

Really sorry to read that you have been poorly with migraines, they are plain awful! I hope the family visits cheered your spirits 🙂. Thank you for your kind words, your blog posts frequently give me much food for thought ❤️ I’m glad that you like the song, it is one of my favourites xx

Kezzie said...

I love that song...sang that recently at church.
I'd love to hear Sr Emma's song! Please do share it if she records it!

doe said...

I was thinking about darkness and light today, and how Sunday is Advent, and how the days with my feelings go back and forth between the two. I just realized that singing could be very helpful in keeping the light shining in our hearts. I've noticed how some people break out into song easily, and for others it's more difficult.

Sandra Ann said...

Will have to let her know and see if they are going to record it 🙂

Sandra Ann said...

Yes whenever I sing even in the kitchen my mood lifts, it’s a good remedy for a weary soul. Sending love and hugs xx