Wednesday 30 December 2020

Solstice :: Birthday :: Christmas

 On Solstice eve Ben and I sat around the fire pit with a mug of hot tea in hand:



Pip was twelve on the 23rd and I made it home from collecting our Booths Chicken and Veg Box order just in time for the usual, Pip was born here birth photo:














Our present to Pip was a grey desk for her bedroom and both her and Ben had fun constructing it, I must take a photo to share as they did a fab job.

In the afternoon we met Beth and her family outside and enjoyed a very cold, socially distanced catch up and picnic :-)  Beth and Pip took a walk along the canal and fed the ducks.


The Number 12 with more smarties added later, couldn't let them go to waste!


Hot Vimto drink, "Cheers!"


Cosy Christmas Tree Lights


"Happy Birthday To Pip"


No pictures from Christmas Day as I fell on the ice outside the back kitchen door.  Not only did I land flat on my back but I also hit my head and had a cracking headache for the rest of the day.  The Government changed their minds last minute, due to the new Covid variant sweeping through the country and you were only allowed to meet with one other person outside your family.  We were blessed to have a short visit from Fr L and so we sat in the kitchen with our coats on and the door open!  


Hope you have had a blessed Christmas regardless of the restrictions :-) x 



5 comments:

elli said...

So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you are alright with no lingering affects!

Happy Birthday to Pip, and a very Merry Christmas to you all❣️🕊🎄

Eva said...

Happy Birthday, Pip! What is a Vimto drink? Jonathan and I also fell on the ice, but were more or less unharmed. Jonathan got a snowball into his eye and had blurry vision for a day, but seems to be fine. It is very slippery again today, we even have a special weather warning and Peter could hardly walk across our driveway this morning. I hope that you don't have any lingering pains from your fall! Where will you put Pip's desk?

Lynda said...

I hope the head (and headache) are better.
Happy Birthday to Pip!
And I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and blessed 2021. xx

dorinalouise said...

Happy Birthday dear Pip! I love the photo of you both! Dear San, I hope you are feeling better now from your fall. I slipped when we were getting our Christmas tree. It was a very graceful fall . . I just slid down the right side of my body . . and landed thump on the road. Thankfully, I didn't hit my head, but I know that dreadful feeling of when you land on your back.

Chanda received a desk recently too . . I think it was for her birthday also . . or around that time! She also had fun putting it together :) You'll have to post a pic one day! (Was it an Ikea desk?) xoxoxo

Kezzie said...

Oh goodness, your fall!!! I hope you are ok! Happy, happy birthday to lovely Pip! Sounds like she had a lovely time and a desk is a great present! I would have loved a desk when I was her age. We had a shelf on a wall bracket in the conservatory or the dining table- I longed for a desk! That cake looks so scrummy!
Hot VIMTO???????