Thursday 7 January 2021

Epiphany

 In an effort provide some cheer against a backdrop of another national lockdown, an NHS that is on the verge of collapse and later chaos over the pond, we attempted to celebrate three kings day.  I made mince pies as dessert for lunch and then later in the day wrote 20C+M+B+21 Christe Mansionem Benedicta 'Christ Bless This House.'





I've made a good recovery from my accident save from the original low back damage done on a previous fall eight weeks earlier.  I'm not surprised we are on another lockdown but I am weary of it and have struggled to remain focused this week.  I have another commissioned cot blanket that needs finishing as well as my Doula training.  I have recognised that I don't do to well in spreading myself thin, so I've decided to focus on the blanket first in the hopes of being a bit more organised.

Ben is missing college and the challenge has been to find practical DIY jobs for him to complete at home.  Pip is really missing her regular activities and we have therefore decided to trail ban online secondary classroom for a six week period to see if that may help.  All in all we are doing our best with the circumstances we are in :-)  

Here are some random photos of the past few weeks:


We bought tickets to 'visit' The Old Vic in London for their Zoom performance of A Christmas Carol not only was it very well done but they also encouraged folk to donate for a food bank charity.



Poppy's face says it all!  



One very exhausted ICU doctor asking people to do the right thing, follow the rules and not to gather in groups at New Year.  Unfortunately we have COVIDIOTS that actually believe the whole thing is fake! It's so upsetting to hear reports that doctors finishing a shift are met with abuse outside the same hospital where people are dying in large numbers from this new highly infectious variant :-(




Dave and I saw the New Year in against a backdrop of Pink Floyd in concert.  Little did we know that in a matter of days a stay home order would once more be given.  Hoping that this vaccine programme will work - they've even deployed the armed forces in logistical manoeuvres regarding transportation of the vaccine, as well as any other required services.

Keep safe x 




4 comments:

elli said...

Blessed Epiphany, San❣️🌟🕊

What a mad world, eh!? January 20th can't come soon enough!!! (Tho' of course, we have *so much* work to do re: social justice, healing political wounds etc!!,but having the new administration will be a blessing)

This pandemic is going to take a long time to come to grips with. 🙏🏻

doe said...

We have many people here who think Covid is all a fake, also. It's so sad and absurd! I think you're doing very well given the circumstances, and I hope your blanket is coming along and the doula training too. Happy Epiphany to you! We had a lovely morning and evening, but the in between was very strange and disconcerting! Greg was glued to the computer, reading the twitter comments from the people he follows, and I kept looking over his shoulder and saying, "Where's the security? Why isn't anyone guarding the Capitol? Is that all the police they have on duty?" I woke very happy because of Georgia . . and Three Kings . .

Poppy is adorable, and so pretty! And I love the photo of you and Dave. Good luck to Ben with his projects, and Pip with her online class. Sending you lots of love xoxo

Kezzie said...

I've got a lot to catch up on! I hope that your back is better soon. I enjoyed your Ephiphany bake! Looks lovely!
So glad Dave is home. The Old vic show sounds a fab idea!

Eva said...

We also have the Epiphany blessing over our door: I renew it every year. I hope that Pip will like the change with her online classes. We don't have any lockdown, but, of course, some restrictions. The girls are back at ballet and our home ecology classes are still happening. Nice picture of you and Dave! I hope that your back will completely heal. I tripped over a box two days ago and have a huge bruise on my leg. I bruise very easily, so that is new, but it is really sore and I cannot lie on the hurt side when I go to bed.