Sunday 18 October 2020

A Big Ol' Catch Up

 Lakeside Motor Museum
























Our first car was an MG Midget but not this version!


A Rehab Birthday and Dragon Bread






'Drat, Drat, Double Drat ... sorry we cannot be with you on your birthday love Ben and Pip.'  Dave and I were big whacky races fans in our youth and since growing a beard, I've nicknamed Dave 'Mutley' after the famous dog!  Pip very obligingly put her artist skills to use in making the card and ornament.






One of the Sue Ryder staff bought this icon for Dave and the kitchen staff cooked a special birthday lunch complete with gluten free cake.




Pip also had fun making and decorating our yeast free dragon bread.


Levens Hall and Gardens






















We met with Mum H just over a week ago at this place which is a halfway point between both houses.  It was lovely to be out in the fresh air and admire the gardens.  We had a lovely picnic lunch followed by a coffee and hot chocolate treat in the cafe.

Beacon Fell Adventures








Two weeks ago we attended our first Beacon Fell Homeschool group since the lockdown in March.  Pip has really missed her regular activities and it was so lovely for her to spend time with Phoebe, since Arts Award is still not running.


A Solo Anniversary




We celebrated our 32nd Wedding Anniversary last Sunday, it's the first time we have ever been parted on this day.  It made me think of those who have lost loved ones or those serving in the forces and are away from their families.  We did get to have our usual WhatsApp catch up in the evening and that was lovely.

Breaking News ...

... Dave walked with a frame last week, the first time since July!  On Monday he walked 2x3m, on Wednesday 2x4m and on Friday 2x5m, so with a bit of luck he could be home on the 19th November as planned :-)













10 comments:

doe said...

It's so good to hear from you. Every night I say a little prayer . . and I think God must be listening because Dave's walking is such good news. Pip has outdone herself with the card and the bread, and I'm very impressed with the staff at the Rehab baking a special gluten free cake. That would never happen here. The photos of the car museum and the gardens are amazing! Beautiful cars and beautiful foliage! And it's wonderful that the homeschool group got to meet :)

Happy Anniversary to you and Dave. 32 years of love and laughter and teamwork. It's very special, San. We send all of you much love.

Sandra Ann said...

Lovely to see you here 🙂. Dave texted this morning to say he actually walked ten metres in one go and that was after an hour of intensive physio! Your love and prayers are much appreciated. This past month has been really hard xx

sustainablemum said...

I second that Dorina it is so good to hear from you San. You have been in my thoughts over the past month. It sounds like you have been keeping busy. Congratulations on your 32nd wedding anniversary, I am sorry to hear that you were still apart for your special day. I hope that Dave is able to come home on the 19th November. C wants me to take him to the Motor Museum, apparently there is a car there that there is only one of in the world......

Sandra Ann said...

Hi S, thanks for stopping by. I must admit it was difficult to appreciate the museum fully due to the one way system and wanting to avoid being too near to folk. What was the car? I'm intrigued :-) THanks for thinking of me xx

Unknown said...

So glad for the catch up as I have had you all in my thoughts. Such good news about Dave, and I'm glad you are able to get out and about as distraction can be very useful therapy

elli said...

How lovely to see this post🤗as you know I hope, you are all in my daily thoughts and prayers🙏🏻Such good news on Dave's progress, I do so hope and pray he is able to be home as scheduled🕯happy 32 years❣️🥰be well and take care my dear🙏🏻

Eva said...

Happy birthday to Dave! It is so nice to see some great trips and treats here. I am amazed how green everything still is. We have almost no leaves on the trees left. I hope that the new restrictions will not interfere much and Dave will continue to make progress.

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

Normally I do not comment. I'm as they call it one of the lurkers. But i follow and have followed your blog for years. I sincerely hope and pray that your silence means notheng more that that you have trouble getting back in teh habit of blogging. Kind regards and hugs all the way from Denmark.

Sandra Ann said...

Thank you for stopping by, things have been crazy since Dave came home on the 23rd November and the computer always seems to be needed by someone else! Hoping to put up another catch up post before Pip turns 12 on Wednesday. Thank you for reading from afar 🙂

Eva said...

Happy Birthday to Pip! Now she has caught up to Flora again. Next year, both girls will be teens. Then it will truly feel that there are no babies anymore.