Monday 7 September 2020

Last Week

Another school year and a ...


... not back to school silly car selfie and our first coffee stop since March.  We dropped off some items for Dave and our usual route home was blocked so we made it home via the motorway and a pitstop at Costa as a treat.

Elderberry Foraging












On Friday we went foraging for elderberries with Nanna.  Not only were they thin on the ground but small in size probably due to a combination of a very dry spring and a poor summer.  With a bit of luck we might manage to make one jar of elderberry syrup from our meagre pickings.

Crochet


I finished the blanket for my customer and she promptly placed an order for another one, this time in blue.  I have all the necessary colours which left over from the coast colourway bunting so I cast on immediately and have made good progress.

Hospital Number Three


My lovely dad was admitted to the High Dependency Unit late on Friday night. It was a grace of God that my brother and his wife were staying for the weekend as he had to administer CPR whilst waiting for the ambulance.  At one point there was some concern regarding a stroke but thankfully the CT scan was clear.  I spoke with Dad's nurse yesterday morning for a progress report and once Dad had his phone dropped of yesterday afternoon, I had a quick chat with him at the tea time.  The cardiologist in the local hospital will be speaking with Dad's cardiologist at Blackpool at some point today.  He does have heart failure but with careful monitoring and a possible change in medication he should hopefully be home later this week. 

 I will not lie, I had a jolly good cry yesterday morning whilst watching online mass.  I think the whole situation with Dave, trying to support the kids, my own health and concern for my parents just got on top of me. God is a very good listener and so He listened whilst I blubbered!!  I do miss mass too and I'm trying to find a way to attend, I think I'll speak with Fr Geoffrey our priest about the best day to visit. 

4 comments:

sustainablemum said...

Oh San, I am not surprised you had a good cry, it is what you needed. I am so sorry to hear that you have had more worries added to your plate. There is so much going on for you right now. Holding you in my thoughts at this really tough time. xx

Eva said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad, San! So many medical mishaps! How long does Dave have to be away from home? The elderberry forage sounds wonderful. It is very difficult to find wild elderberry in this country. And I do hope you will get to go back to Mass. We are still only allowed to have 33% of the church filled with people, but we make the best of it. I need to get to bed, I have been away from blogging for the last days because of our school year prep. Wishing you a wonderful new school year!

elli said...

Oh San, I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad. That seems one thing too many!! So glad you a good cry tho' — very helpful, good cries are!! Big {{hugs}} for you, and so many prayers for you all. I do hope that life begins to settle — soon!! xoxo

Kezzie said...

I'm not surprised you had a cry-so much going on for you, more so, having read your next post. I hope you enjoyed the Costa treat. Your blanket is marvellous-brilliant that you got a second order.