Sunday 2 August 2020

Saturday Work

It was a very productive day at number sixteen: I worked through my job list which included cleaning the bathrooms and checking off the newly arrived bank statement, I'm quite pleased with my finance progress and it is coming together nicely.  Pip made one of her epic doodles for Dave to provide some much needed colour in his day, Ben made a yummy melt in the mouth tart for tea as well as helping Mum prune the plum tree (that has yet to fruit), so all in all a good day.



Courgette, Leek and Cheese Tart



Outside card gaming



Tucking in



I tried every which way with exposure compensation but had real trouble with setting the lighting on the camera and yes, that is another steep learning curve!  I have finally to take as many photographs as I can using my lovely camera that Dave bought for my 50th so with a bit of luck and practice things should improve!









Beautiful bouquet from our lovely friends that visited on Friday, it was strange and sad not to hug goodbye but that's life at the moment :-)

8 comments:

sustainablemum said...

So lovely to hear about life at home for you at this difficult time San. It is good to carry on with the things that need doing isn't it, even when they are hard. It gives us an anchor, something to hold on to that is familiar and nurturing for us.

Such beautiful flowers from your friends.

Sandra Ann said...

Yes the daily round is keeping us all focused and sane 🙂

doe said...

There's the saying I remember from Ma Ingalls in the book Little House on the Prairie, busy hands make a light heart. Ben's tart looks amazing, and I'm glad to see sunshine in your yard, and to see Pip and Nanna enjoying a card game. I miss that with my folks :) Sending love and a big hug to you all! (And that's a beautiful bouquet photo.)

Sandra Ann said...

Busy hands make a light heart, thanks for the reminder 🙂. The bouquet is just as gorgeous in real life ❤️

elli said...

A good busy day :-) I hope today was fair as well, and that you were able to have some peaceful Sabbath rest! Prayers for Dave! And for you all XOX

Lynda said...

The tart looks delicious and the flowers are beautiful. xx

Kezzie said...

I'm glad that busyness is helping a bit. Oooh, that tart does look scrummy!!! The photos are lovely!

Eva said...

Maybe Ben should be a cook! Looks really good what he made. And your camera skills are not so bad :). You even got to prune the plum tree! I am glad that you have figured out how the banking works. Peter does most of it online too and I don't pay much attention. It was different when we were still doing things on paper . . .

Keep up the good work! Or Peter would say "Hang in there." Greetings also to Dave.