Thursday 21 March 2019

Hits And Misses

We managed two of last weeks 40 Acts challenges and seem to have totally lost the plot this week!  Last Tuesday was 'Chocolate Tuesday' so I choc bombed the staff at our local Booths Cafe :-)  I always enjoy this challenge, showing practical appreciation and sharing a bit about the challenge but boy does it take me way out of my comfort zone!


 The challenge for the following day was to share some joy and complete a task with another person.  I wouldn't say that baking totally fills me with joy but I'm wondering if that is a kick back to my current dietary needs which are decidedly wacky!  However we are pretty good at adapting recipes in this house, so made no sugar drop scones and topped them with no sugar hazelnut spread.













Friday was most definitely a miss!  We arrived at Dave's hospital appointment for ten o'clock as planned, only to be told we were in the wrong place.  I guess alarm bells should have been ringing at that point!  A lovely nurse gave directions to where we needed to be and so the kids and I settled for our usual hospital home school.  Less than ten minutes later Dave appeared with the news that, Dr Majeed was in Pakistan and that Dave should have received a letter to state that his appointment had been cancelled!  By now we were all fed up and Pip had not been feeling at all well that morning, so it was a case of raid the shop for snacks and coffee bar drinks for Dave and myself.  A plastic full Friday for sure! 

 However we have now sourced a butcher that will wrap our produce in grease proof paper and place in our own glass Tupperware containers so that is most definitely a win!







We had a ray of sunshine on a very cloudy day when we attended Ollie's 1st Birthday party on Saturday.  Everyone brought a dish to share and there was plenty of food to eat.  Time really has flown and this boy is most definitely a toddler:







 Ben and I attended diabetic clinic this morning and thankfully his blood averages have remained fairly stable which is encouraging.  On the way there, I had an issue with the driver's side window which then meant another trip out this afternoon to our car dealership.  The mechanic managed to make the window safe but the car is booked in for the replacement part on Thursday of next week. I could have done without the extra trip this afternoon as my health isn't great but thankfully Dave and Ben held the fort at home.  Ben made a super yummy lamb casserole, served with broccoli and boiled potatoes and Dave took Pip and AJ into town on the bus to the library.

It's Friday tomorrow and Saturday is a much needed home day, Thank God :-) 




6 comments:

Kezzie said...

Well done so far with your 40 Acts- I am very impressed. Argh, that is so annoying about the hospital appointment!!!
Your drop scones sound lovely! I cannot believe that beautiful boy is 1 already! That's amazing!!x

elli said...

Oh, how frustrating about the hospital appointment, San.

I am always so grateful to reach Friday because it menas I have two days now where I don't have to leave the house! (A Friday or Saturday outing for me is rare indeed). Going out and about with my disabilities and health is tough, very tough.

I love your haircut! The photo of you with Ollie is so sweet. I can*not* believe he is anyear old already!!

xox

Sandra Ann said...

I know I cannot believe it either! Thanks for the lovely comment about my hair :-). Hope you have a lovely restful weekend x

Sandra Ann said...

Yes he is beautiful! He has lost all his dark hair and lightened up to more of a dark blonde, just like his mum x

Kezzie said...

Hello San, just checking that you are ok as you haven't posted in a while.xx

Sandra Ann said...

Bless you Kezzie for checking in 🙂 Hoping to post this evening been dealing with a fibro flare and so I batten down the hatches at this end ❤️