Wednesday 28 February 2018

Woolly Wednesday On A Cold Winter's Day

The whole of the country has been hit by The Beast from The East (a cold wind from Siberia).  Thankfully we have been so far spared a red weather warning, but the temperatures did not venture much above 0C.  After having checked the weather we decided to make the short journey (40 minutes) to visit Sara and Tom.  I managed to finish three cardigans for baby Nutkin and given the extreme temperatures, they will be put to good use.




 Three gender neutral cardigans, although Kath did wonder whether I had an inkling that Nutkin is a boy!  To be honest I haven't a clue, but either way these cardigans will keep the little one warm ;-)

 This book is based around one of my favourite folk songs.



 My heart was cheered when I saw it and even though I'm only a few pages in, it is promising to be a really good read.


 A crocheted blanket should carry a health warning!! 
 I have had to take a break on this project for a while and then only work on it a row at a time.  When I was working on it continuously, the pain in my shoulder and down my right arm worsened.  In addition I developed a terrible pain in my neck and one morning I woke up and found it very difficult to move :-(  I am glad therefore that I have had knitting instead to keep me busy!


 Laughing at Dave taking a photo of me driving!  It was a challenge to keep the windscreen ice free and all I can say is thankgoodness for Aunty Maureen's sheepskin lined gloves to keep my hands warm.


 38 weeks today and so ready for this baby to be born!


 Pip having fun Tom and Sara's garden.

Once home we finished up some outstanding school work. I am happy to report that we have had two really productive days in the home school classroom.  A welcome change from a disastrous and miserable Monday!! We also had a last minute and much welcomed delivery of wood, so at half past five the kids and I were shifting over half a ton of wood in sub zero temperatures!  Within the hour it was all stacked and sorted and just in the nick of time as the snow once more began to fall.

8 comments:

dorinalouise said...

What a beautiful snowy day. I was wondering how you were faring with the weather :) How intrepid all of you were to still visit Sara and Tom. That's a sweet picture of Benedict with her. Is that a telescope behind her? Do you ever look out at the stars with them? The sweaters are adorable and the colors are pretty. I'm sorry you're experiencing such pain with crocheting! Enjoy the storm and your book and a nice warm fire. xoxo

elli said...

I've read about the winter storm the UK is having! Hope you all stay safe and warm :-)

Sandra Ann said...

We actually left the heating on overnight as it was so cold. We are just not used to this kind of weather! I must admit we have been lucky in our part of the UK and missed the treacherous weather experienced by so many, especially those in Scotland.

Sandra Ann said...

All the snow has gone in our part of the UK but the winds have been quite horrendous. Apparantly it is Storm Emma, causing all the trouble!! Our Em, would never cause such a scene ;-)

Tom has used the telescope to take some amazing pictures of the moon, so yes it is well used. Hope you are all doing well, San and co xx

Kezzie said...

Thank God your wood arrived in time! I am so grateful to now be living in a house with excellent insulation as I cannot imagine how cold the bungalow we used to live in would be in this weather! I've been at home since Wednesday night!
The cardigans you have made are fantastic! The turquoise is my favourite colour so I agree with its gender neutral-qualities!
That folk song is lovely and I bet the book is good!
SOooooo nice to hear from you San!x

Sandra Ann said...

Yes totally grateful for warmth! The cardigans also now have matching hats 🙂

Eva said...

I think now you have to plan to follow in the footsteps of that walk across Great Britain! This is a pretty song. I have a German story I sometimes read to the children that is similar.

Any baby news yet? Your grandchildren are so blessed to get those beautiful pieces of clothing from you!

I am glad you had some good homeschooling days.

Sandra Ann said...

Yes I was thinking the same! But health issues and disabilities dog our every move :-). Baby still nestled in mum's tum, it must be super cosy in their!!