Tuesday 5 December 2017

DPP Day Five: Decoration Woes

Missing a day already!  Never mind such is life ;-)  

 This girl - soon to be nine and all the changes that brings!  Life can be hard when you are at an in-between phase, feeling all the feelings and not quite big enough to strike out on your own.

She was frustrated that we do not have any Christmas decorations up and yet thet world and his wife seems to "party on dude!!"  And she also was priceless when she saw a mother and child carrying a "Santa Stop Here Sign"

Pip:  " Poor kid, they haven't even realised that it is their mum and dad that give the presents!"
Me:  " Oh that's interesting!  How did you reach that conclusion?"
Pip:  " Oh well, I didn't want to disappoint you but that letter from St Nicholas last year had writing that looked suspiciously like yours!"
Me:  "Well tomorrow is St Nicholas Day, so it will be interesting then to see what happens :-)"

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.  Benedict was two years older than her before he finally asked me about Santa Claus.  As my nanna would have said, " That girl has been here before!"    

5 comments:

dorinalouise said...

Oh, she is so smart and funny! And so matter of fact, and accepting! And considerate of you! Your nanna is right :) xoxo

dorinalouise said...

P.S. Yes, I agree with "such is life." I've been saying to myself for two weeks now, that St. Nicholas Day will soon be here, yet I still managed not to get the appropriate chocolates, nuts and clementines. How fortunate I was that I read your note on my blog this evening about lighting your advent wreath on St. Nicholas Day, and so I quickly ran out to the grocery store for the necessary items. I just got back. It's pouring rain! Greg is still in Florida, but will be coming home tomorrow. I usually have him get my last minute items. Chanda is at a dance rehearsal. The cat is sitting on my lap. It's time for some knitting!

Sandra Ann said...

Love your story!! We as in you, me and Eva do a pretty good job of reminding ourselves concerning the feasts and festivals! Happy St Nicholas Day xx

Sarah said...

Haha smart cookie!

Kezzie said...

Ha ha,what a clever girl!xx