Thursday 27 February 2020

Certificate Day and Making Slime

Today we attended our usual Arts Award session where Pip enjoyed making slime and she also received her Bronze Award Certificate and pin badge.  The first part of the session included the usual around the table catch up from the previous week and she shared her replica animation of the Mary, Mungo and Midge lift sequence; this also included a complete breakdown of all the steps involved, drawing the characters, photography, using Windows Movie Maker and Audacity software for the music.  Dave was great at helping with the tech side of things!! 

Once we had shared our activities from the previous week the kids had great fun making slime, it was an interesting mix of science and art!





 Finishing the animation sequence.


 A painted cardboard still complete with a moveable Mungo head.


 PVA Glue, contact lens solution which contained the all important Boric Acid, mint green paint and green glitter.


 Stir away until you have the right consistency and then see if your slime meets the following criteria:


 Can you stretch it to form a long thin rope like structure?


 Can you stretch it to make it transparent?


Can you inflate it like a balloon?

10 comments:

Eva said...

Was the slime sticky?

Sandra Ann said...

Yes but it didn't cling to your hands, it was fun to make :-)

Eva said...

Did it smell funny? It just looks so poisonous!

sustainablemum said...

That doesn't look like my kind of activity! I am not a fan of slime but I know it is fun to make ;)

Sandra Ann said...

There was a slight smell but it definitely wasn't poisonous!

doe said...

Slime! How fun! I remember making slime so clearly. It's very interesting how it can stretch and I remember it being very smooth. I think I still have a recipe for it in my bag of assorted and chaotic loose recipe papers!

Congrats to Pip on her Bronze Award Certificate and pin badge and her talk explaining all the work and the process. How fun for all of you to be involved with Dave helping out on the tech side. I love homeschooling and miss it!

Eva said...

Oh good, just reading the ingredients made me think it must have smelled funny :).

Sandra Ann said...

Yes it was most definitely a team effort!

Kezzie said...

I HATE Slime!!! The kids at school were obsessed with it last year and I was so not impressed by it! But then I always hated slimy things when I was young!
I like her animation! I love Audacity and Windows Movie Maker- I use the latter all the time for blog recordings for my school music blog when I want to share recordings!

Sandra Ann said...

It certainly was interesting stuff! Dave and Pip had fun with the techie stuff x